Please find the attached file or please find attached the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chutzpah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,

I want to know which one is right. 'Please find the attached file or please find attached the file'.
One of my trainers said that please find attached the file is absolutely right. But in my opinion 'Please find the attached file'. Kindly advise which one is correct and why?

Regards

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I want to know which one is right. 'Please find the attached file or please find attached the file'.
One of my trainers said that please find attached the file is absolutely right. But in my opinion 'Please find the attached file'. Kindly advise which one is correct and why?

Regards

I say "please find the attached file/document".

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

Regards

I prefer and use "Please find the attached file" and I consider "find attached the file" to be an awkward phrase.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
You could say "Please find attached the file we spoke about earlier" for example.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think "Please find the attached file" rather odd. You might ask someone to read, peruse, save, edit or even delete "the attached file". However, in BrE at least, "Please find attached ..." is frequently the beginning of such a sentence. It would then go on to say what is attached.

Please find attached two copies of my CV.
Please find attached the file we spoke about yesterday.
Please find attached the photograph I mentioned in my last email.

Status
Not open for further replies.