Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hello, I have to send this professional letter to an executive in the top management, and I need it to be corrected first. Thanks a lot!

Dear Madame,

Interested by a career within KOMPANY in Morocco, I applied to the job offer n° XXX - Sales Representative through the KOMPANY careers website. I followed the whole recruitment process as listed below:

07/11/2016: first contact and phone interview with Ms XXXX - HRDirect
10/11/2016: phone interview with Mr XXXY - North & West Africa Regional Sales Manager
22 /11/2016: phone interview with Ms XXYY - Talent, Leadership Manager Maghreb
29/11/2016: KOMPANY online assessment
08/12/2016: face to face interview with Mr XYYY - President and General Manager Maghreb

After having passed all these steps, including the face to face interview with Mr XYYY held in the KOMPANY office in Casablanca with the presence of Mr YYYY – Regional Manager Maghreb East and West Africa; I receive, in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of January 2017, an email saying that my recruitment was not successful. The argument given is: “there was not a close enough match between your profile and our requirements for the role”
Even after more than 3 months from the reception of this email, I still cannot convince myself with this refuse argument because everything was done right and, in my view, the four first steps were sufficient to discover it at an early stage.

Today, I am still very interested to join the family of such a great structure…

Sincerely yours.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello mohssine, and welcome to the forum. :)
I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had with that company.
Did they tell you to send this letter, or are you just hoping that they would reconsider your application?
Also, do you know the name of the person you're sending this letter to?

mohssine

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hello Teechar, thank you :-D

No, I'm just hoping like you said, because I heard from inside that they had known about my case.
yes, I got the name of the person to whom I'm sending it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello Teechar, thank you. :-D

No, I'm just hoping like you said, because I heard from someone on the inside that they [STRIKE]had known[/STRIKE] know/knew about my case.
Yes, I got the name of the person to whom I'm sending it.

See my corrections above.

If you know the name of the person, use it. It's always a good idea to make a letter as personally relevant as possible. In any case, don't use "Madame" - that's the French spelling. In English, it's "Madam".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
So, are you asking for a review of the decision on your application?

mohssine

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
So, are you asking for a review of the decision on your application?

Yes, if it's still possible.
In fact the President General Manager who rejected my application was dismissed a few days after because, as I've heard, he accumulated many wrong decisions.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Mrs Smith,

I am interested in a career with KOMPANY in Morocco, so I applied for the Sales Representative position through the KOMPANY careers website. Below is the sequence of events for the recruitment process:

07/11/2016: first contact and phone interview with Ms XXXX - HRDirect
10/11/2016: phone interview with Mr XXXY - North & West Africa Regional Sales Manager
22 /11/2016: phone interview with Ms XXYY - Talent, Leadership Manager Maghreb
29/11/2016: KOMPANY online assessment
08/12/2016: face-to-face interview with Mr XYYY - President and General Manager Maghreb

After having passed all the above stages, including the face-to-face interview with Mr XYYY, held in the KOMPANY office in Casablanca, in the presence of Mr YYYY – Regional Manager Maghreb East and West Africa, I received an email on 1 January 2017, saying that my recruitment was not successful. The reason given was: “There was not a close enough match between your profile and our requirements for the role.”

Even after more than three months since having received that email, I still cannot accept that explanation for the rejection of my application, especially given my excellent performance in the first four stages. I also say this in light of recent events at KOMPANY, particularly Mr Beelzebub's departure.

I am still very much interested and keen to be part of such a great organization, so I kindly ask you to review the decision on my application.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information or to arrange another interview.

My thanks and best regards to you.

Sincerely yours,

Mohssine Fulani

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.