Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

I want to say we need to gather support and resources for something. Have I used "marshal" and "mobilize" correctly and naturally? Are these sentences okay to use in International English tests like TOEFL?

[FONT=&quot]1. We need to mobilize public opinion and support for the cause of protecting the environment.

2. I believe if we mobilize resources and take action, we can tackle the problem of air pollution.
[/FONT]

3[FONT=&quot]. I believe we must marshal support from individual citizens and government organizations to tackle the serious problem of deforestation.[/FONT]

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello.

I want to say we need to gather support and resources for something. Have I used "marshal" and "mobilize" correctly and naturally? Are these sentences okay to use in International English tests like TOEFL?

1. We need to mobilize public opinion and support for the cause of protecting the environment.

It's probably okay, but the idea of mobilizing or marshaling opinions or support seems a little squishy to me. I prefer the idea of mobilizing or marshaling people.

2. I believe if we mobilize resources and take action, we can tackle the problem of air pollution.

Same thing.

3. I believe we must marshal support from individual citizens and government organizations to tackle the serious problem of deforestation.

I like that more.
Let's see what others think.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Let's see what others think.

Can I also use "mobilize" in the last one?

3. I believe we must mobilize support from individual citizens and government organizations to tackle the serious problem of deforestation.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can I also use "mobilize" in the last one?

3. I believe we must mobilize support from individual citizens and government organizations to tackle the serious problem of deforestation.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.