Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Croatia
Current Location
Aaland
Hi there
I want to write an email for a university admission officer and ask her some question. I use first..., second... And finally to organize my questions. Is it correct or i shoud use firstly..., secondly... And finally? Thank you so much

Dear Ms. Xxx,
This is to request more information about the Master of xxx program at the xxx.

I have a bachelor degree in Architectural Engineering with a GPA of xxx %. First I need to know if anyone was accepted with similar GPA and Bachelor field of study in the past years. second I need more information about the portfolio that must be uploaded for my application. Is there any sample of successful portfolio that I can access to? And does the portfolio have a special format? I would greatly appreciate more information about architectural portfolios. Finally is there any suggestion to increase my chance of acceptence for the program?

Thank you in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely
Xxx

Jon Bass

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Not a teacher.

Yes. But you should separate different points in different paragraphs so that it will be easier for the advisor to read. Take it from a university student who always communicates with the advisors through email.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi there,
I want to write an email [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to a university admission officer and ask her some question. I use first..., second... And finally to organize my questions. Is it correct or should I use firstly..., secondly... And finally? Thank you so much.

Dear Ms. Xxx,

This is to request more information about the Master of xxx program at the xxx.

I have a bachelor's degree in Architectural Engineering with a GPA of xxx %. First, I need to know if anyone was accepted with similar GPA and a bachelor's in this field of study in the past. [STRIKE]years.[/STRIKE] Second, I need more information about the portfolio that must be uploaded for my application. [STRIKE]Is[/STRIKE] Are there any samples of successful portfolios that I can access? [STRIKE]to?[/STRIKE] And does the portfolio have a special format? I would greatly appreciate more information about architectural portfolios. Finally, [STRIKE]is there[/STRIKE] do you have any suggestion to increase my chances of being accepted [STRIKE]ence[/STRIKE] for the program?

Thank you in advance for your attention, and [STRIKE]to my request.[/STRIKE] and I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,

Xxx
You can use either.

Status
Not open for further replies.