Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Can you attend a military acadmy at an early age? What age was he and what age can be fifth grade in the academy?

41)My father was not an easy man but I knew that he loved me and took a strong interest in my education. He placed a high value on his experience in the Navy and believed that a military-style education would be good for me. So, in October of 1947, I attended fifth grade at Georgia Military Academy. Watching me having a hard time with the tough students, however, (a) he soon took some pity on me and had me enrolled in a public school in the east of Georgia the following year.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can you attend a military acadmy at an early age? What age was he and what age can be fifth grade in the academy?

41)My father was not an easy man but I knew that he loved me and took a strong interest in my education. He placed a high value on his experience in the Navy and believed that a military-style education would be good for me. So, in October of 1947, I attended fifth grade at Georgia Military Academy. Watching me having a hard time with the tough students, however, (a) he soon took some pity on me and had me enrolled in a public school in the east of Georgia the following year.

Fifth grade is usually age 10-11. See here: Woodward Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
How can children attend military academy? It's for grown-up cadets.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How can children attend military academy? It's for grown-up cadets.

Not always. Some parents believe that their children can be advantaged by military discipline. Other children are sent to military academies because they are problem children. It wouldn't be my choice, but it happens.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Did you read the article Mike linked you to?

The Primary School has students in preK through 3rd grade, the Lower School has 4th through 6th grade students, the Middle School has 7th and 8th grade students and the Upper School has students in 9th grade through 12th grade.
[SUP][/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.