Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
As you are well aware that I'm the focal point for this kind of issues, I presumed that you may jumbled with our names as you addressed to Ravikumar and my name was in copy (Cc) of this e-mail. Please correct this in your future e-mails.

Is it grammatically correct? How can I write this in a better way?

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I'm afraid I have no idea what you trying to say.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
My manager assigned me to deal structural drawings related queries with our design consultant. During the kick-off meeting my manager introduced with design consultant that I will be the focal point for any queries related to the drawings. He also introduced one of my coworkers Mr.Ravikumar to resolve their monthy invoice on time. But, mistakenly Design Engineer send some technical queries through e-mail to Ravikumar and marked a copy (Cc) to me in the same mail. I understood that he may confused with our names since both are similar (Kumar & Ravi Kumar). I just want to reply them to send a primary mail to me instead of copy(Cc) in the future e-mails.

This is what he (designer) did in the e-mail

To :Ravikumar
Cc: Kumar

I want to highlight him instead of Cc , You should have put my name in ‘To” address.

To : Kumar
Cc : Ravikumar or XYZ

This is what I want to say on the above post. Sorry for the confusions.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you want him to put both of you in the "To" line, or do you want him to address emails directly to you and perhaps CC Ravikumar into the emails?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Do you want him to put both of you in the "To" line, or do you want him to address emails directly to you and perhaps CC Ravikumar into the emails?

I want to tell him to write future emails directly to me and CC to Ravikumar. But, I want to include all informations as I wrote on the post #1.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As you are well aware that I'm the focal point for this kind of issues, I presumed that you may jumbled with our names as you addressed to Ravikumar and my name was in copy (Cc) of this e-mail. Please correct this in your future e-mails.

Is it grammatically correct? How can I write this in a better way?

Thank you for your recent email. As you aware, I am the person responsible for the issues raised in your email but I think there may have been some confusion over names. In future, please direct all emails to me and CC Ravikumar in.

Thank you.

[your name]

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about this:

Thank you for your email. I'm the focal point for this kind of issue, so there may have been some confusion over names as the email was addressed to Ravikuma and I was cc'd in. In future, could you send emails to me and cc Ravikumar in. Thanking you in advance....

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In AmE, we would say "In the future".

Status