Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
please help me check this application to my hod.

Mr. ABC
PQR college.

Subject: Request for increase in the limits of library books.

Sir
The current library limit for the faculty is 10 books. As I am pursuing “further studies”, also I need books for the subject, I am teaching; this limit is insufficient for me. I request you to please permit me to get 15 books issued.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Regards
XYZ

petit_minou

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
please help me check this application to my hod.

Mr. ABC
PQR college.

Subject: Request for increase in the limits of library books. (remove period for subject titles)

Dear Sir,
I am pursuing further studies and the current library limit of 10 books is insufficient for me. I would like to request that you to permit me to get 15 books issued.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Regards
XYZ

rajni,

I made several changes to your request letter as it should be succinct and simply state what the problem is and what you would like done about it. Your letter is formal and polite which is very important when making a request. :up:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Rajni,

Please try to give a more helpful title to your thread next time. Thank you.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Try to give your thread a good title; people will see the title and decide whether to open it and read it or not.

Help! or Urgent Help Required!!!!!!
These are not good titles; they give no idea of what the thread is about.

Present Perfect Usage
This title is clear and people will instantly know what the thread is about. Try to include the theme or topic of the thread in the title. If you include keywords in the title, the forum software will automatically display threads with th same keywords at the bottom of the page, so you will be able to see other discussions on similar topics.

rajni_kashish

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
rajni,

I made several changes to your request letter as it should be succinct and simply state what the problem is and what you would like done about it. Your letter is formal and polite which is very important when making a request. :up:

sir, will it be right to say, the limit is insufficient?, as the limit is for everybody.

petit_minou

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
sir, will it be right to say, the limit is insufficient?, as the limit is for everybody.

Both would be understood but I would still say "the limit is insufficient for me" Your letter is telling the reader that you need more books for your particular situation. The limit may be sufficient for other people so you don't want to the person to think that you are requesting change the book limit policy for everyone. That would be an impolite suggestion for a request letter.

It is correct to say the limit is insufficient but your reader could possibly misinterpret your intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.