Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
I'm going to go to a language exam and this is my first and second practice writing. Would you please help correcting my mistakes and let me know how I should improve?
Thank you.

Entry for tourist guide – Boldogkői Vár

I’m quite sure that not many tourist has visited the north-east part of Hungary yet because that is definitely not the most popular part of Hungary. Although not many go to Borsod Abauj Zemplén county, there are many lovely places to visit. If you like ancient castles chances are you would be thrilled to see this one. It’s very easy to get there, it’s only 15 kilometres from the closest town. You might have heard about Encs. It’s famous for it’s brand new reformed church. You can get to the castle by car, by public transport ot if you are a hiking person you might want to walk there from the closest village – Boldogkőújfalu. To reach the castle it’s easy to walk anyways, the sidewalk is not steep at all. Surrounding the castle you will walk through vineyards. The castle itself was built in the XIII. century and was renewed a few years ago. There is also a museum to see with all kinds of interesting ancient objects to look at, furthermore the entrance fee is very cheap. Walking around the place is really peaceful most of the time however sometimes there are different kind of attractions – May 1[SUP]st[/SUP] celebrations, weddings for instance. The scenery is wonderful, especially when you get behind the castle. If the weather makes it possible you can see really far from it. Marvelous walking tours are available as well where all you have to do is to follow the different coloured signs. At the closest village, you may rent bicycles to ride around and it is available from spring through autumn at a fairly cheap price. If you get hungry please don’t hesitate to choose the restaurant which is built right at the side of the castle. They have waiters who are dressed up as ancient knights. You will feel like you flew back a few centuries.

School Magazine
Secondary Schoool Article about favourite teacher

As a secondary school student at Ady Endre Secondary School it is quite a hard thing for me to choose my favourite teacher. Actually, we have plenty great ones over here whom I adore so it’s a pity to nominate only one. Although it’s hard to choose I’m not going to put it off any more. I have to tell you that Janos Sereg is the best teacher you can ever wish for. He is an old fashioned teacher, who teaches me not just one subject. He has been my teacher for 3 years. He is an experienced and talented person, who teaches Hungarian literature and grammar in the mornings and music in the afternoons. In the morning lessons he makes everything really interesting. (Poems, fiction, non-fiction. Even the hardest grammar points and XXI. century Hungarian literature can be fun if you have an excellent tutor.) I always get the feeling that I love all the topics we cover. And believe me, I’m not his only fan!
In the afternoons he gives music lessons where we have one-to-one teaching and play a musical instrument. Learning how to play the flute is not what we do. We are beyond that. His job here is to share his knowledge about the music in the XVI. century. All the composers and their pieces of music are fascinating, not to mention their style which is not easy sometimes but always bearable.
Janos Sereg is a strict teacher, but in a way where you can be completely fine with it. I will always be grateful for all what he dies and I will always remember his lessons.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello veneziadrive, and welcome to the forum. :)
I'm going to [STRIKE]go to[/STRIKE] do a language exam, and [STRIKE]this is[/STRIKE] these are my first and second practice writing attempts. Would you please help correct [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] my mistakes and let me know how I should improve?
Thank you.

Entry for tourist guide – Boldogkői Vár

I’m quite sure that not many tourists [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] have visited the north-east part of Hungary yet because that is definitely not the most popular part of the country. [STRIKE]Hungary.[/STRIKE] Although not many go to Borsod Abauj Zemplén County, there are many lovely places to see there. [STRIKE]visit.[/STRIKE] If you like ancient castles, (the) chances are you would be thrilled to see the three our county is named after. [STRIKE]this one.[/STRIKE] It’s very easy to get here; [STRIKE]there,[/STRIKE] it’s only 15 kilometres from the closest town. You might have heard about Encs. That's the nearest town, and it’s famous for its brand new reformed church. You can get to the castle by car, [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] public transport or, if you are a hiking person, you might want to walk there from the closest village – Boldogkőújfalu. To reach the castle, it’s easy to walk anyway, as the path to it from the village [STRIKE]sidewalk[/STRIKE] is not steep at all. [STRIKE]Surrounding[/STRIKE] On the way to the castle, you will walk through vineyards. The castle itself was built in the XIII Century and was [STRIKE]renewed[/STRIKE] renovated a few years ago. There is also a museum to [STRIKE]see[/STRIKE] visit with all kinds of interesting ancient objects to look at. Furthermore, the entrance fee is very cheap. Walking around the place is really peaceful most of the time; however sometimes, there are different kinds of events [STRIKE]attractions –[/STRIKE] such as the May 1[SUP]st[/SUP] celebrations, or weddings, for instance. The scenery is wonderful, especially when you get behind the castle. [STRIKE]If the[/STRIKE] Weather permitting, [STRIKE]makes it possible[/STRIKE] you can see really far into the beautiful countryside. [STRIKE]from it.[/STRIKE] Marvelous walking tours are available as well where all you have to do is (to) follow the [STRIKE]different[/STRIKE] various colour-coded [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] signs. At the closest village, you may rent bicycles to ride around, and [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that is available from spring through autumn at a fairly cheap price. If you get hungry, please don’t hesitate to [STRIKE]choose[/STRIKE] eat at the restaurant [STRIKE]which is built[/STRIKE] right at the side of the castle. They have waiters who are dressed up as ancient knights. You will feel like you [STRIKE]flew[/STRIKE] went back a few centuries in time.

School Magazine
Secondary School Article about favourite teacher

As a secondary school student at Ady Endre Secondary School, it is quite a hard thing for me to choose my favourite teacher. Actually, we have plenty of great [STRIKE]ones[/STRIKE] teachers [STRIKE]over here[/STRIKE] whom I adore, so it’s [STRIKE]a pity to nominate[/STRIKE] not easy to pick only one. Although it’s hard to choose, [STRIKE]I’m not going to put it off any more.[/STRIKE] I have to say [STRIKE]tell you[/STRIKE] that Janos Sereg is the best teacher you can ever wish for. He is an old-fashioned teacher, who teaches [STRIKE]me not just one[/STRIKE] several subjects. He has been my teacher for 3 years. He is an experienced and talented person, who teaches Hungarian literature and grammar in the mornings and music in the afternoons. In the morning lessons, he makes everything really interesting-- poems, fiction, non-fiction. Even the hardest grammar points and XXI Century Hungarian literature can be fun if you have an excellent tutor. I always get the feeling that I love all the topics we cover. And believe me, I’m not his only fan!

In the afternoons, he [STRIKE]gives[/STRIKE] teaches music [STRIKE]lessons[/STRIKE] where we have one-to-one [STRIKE]teaching[/STRIKE] tuition and play a musical instrument. We don't just simply learn [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] how to play an instrument such as the flute; [STRIKE]is not what we do.[/STRIKE] we are beyond that. His job here is to share his knowledge about the music [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of the XVI Century. All the composers of that era and their [STRIKE]pieces of music[/STRIKE] compositions are fascinating, not to mention their style which is not easy sometimes but always interesting. [STRIKE]bearable.[/STRIKE]

Janos Sereg is a strict teacher, but in a way where you can be completely fine with it. I will always be grateful for all what he [STRIKE]dies[/STRIKE] teaches and I will always remember his lessons.
In future, please start a new thread for each text.

veneziadrive

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Thank you so much. And I am sorry, I didn't know!

veneziadrive

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
So I read it through, and I had no idea I am such a horrible writer. It's been quite a long time I haven't written though, and now I have to because of the language exam.
I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind, please take a look.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I read it through; [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I had no idea I am such a horrible writer. It's been quite a long time since I [STRIKE]haven't[/STRIKE] have written anything though, and now I have to because of the language exam.
I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind. Please take a look.

See above. You can post other compositions. Please start a new thread for the first one and wait until it has been dealt with before posting the second one.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
So I read it through, and I had no idea I am such a horrible writer.
No, that's not true at all. In fact, your text flows well, which is something only a good writer can achieve. :)

It's been quite a long time since I wrote something in English, [STRIKE]I haven't written though,[/STRIKE] and now I have to because of the language exam.
I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind, please take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.