Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me proofread the following cover letter. Thanks a lot.

In the summer of 2014, I was selected to Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) for a two-month doing academic research. I had gained much technical knowledge of analog by discussion with Lab classmates there. They selflessly shared their analog-designing experiences which were valuable. In March of 2017, I am going to be screened to UCLA for an academic research collaboration program. I am confident that I have the ability to embrace the challenges and eventually win out the other analog IC designers.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I was selected to Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)
What does that mean? Who were you nominated by?

I am going to be screened to UCLA
What does that mean?

I am confident that I have the ability to embrace the challenges and eventually win out the other analog IC designers.
What challenges are you referring to? What do you mean by "win out the other analog IC designers?"

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
1. After a selection process, I was sent to Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
2. I am recommended by my adviser to be sent to UCLA.
3. The mission to UCLA is to do scientific and technological exchange between my school NCTU and UCLA. There will be a hyper-competitive for each member to conduct experiments on analog IC design. Although the task is challenging, I have the courage to rise to the challenge, and I believe I can knock spots off other competitors.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please help me proofread the following cover letter. Thanks a lot.

In the summer of 2014, I was selected to go to Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) for two months to conduct [STRIKE]doing[/STRIKE] academic research. I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] gained much technical knowledge of analog IC design [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] from discussions with lab classmates there. They selflessly shared their analog-design [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] experiences which were valuable. In March of 2017, I am going to be [STRIKE]screened[/STRIKE] nominated to go to UCLA for an academic research collaboration program. I am confident that I have the ability to embrace the challenge and eventually [STRIKE]win out[/STRIKE] triumph over the other analog IC designers in that program.
If it has already been decided that you're going, say, "In March 2017, I will go to UCLA, etc."

1. After a selection process, I was sent to Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
2. I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] have been recommended by my adviser to be sent to UCLA.
3. The mission to UCLA is [STRIKE]to do[/STRIKE] part of a scientific and technological exchange between my school NCTU and UCLA. There will be [STRIKE]a hyper-competitive for[/STRIKE] intense competition and each member [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] will conduct experiments on analog IC design. Although the task is challenging, I have the courage to rise to the challenge, and I believe I can [STRIKE]knock spots off[/STRIKE] beat the other competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.