Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I'd like to know if I've used all grammatical structures properly:
What is unacceptable is to do what you don’t want and don’t need to – in this way you lose your valuable spare time you’ll never return back and will probably regret about it for long.
Thanks,
Max.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I'd like to know if I've used all grammatical structures properly:
What is unacceptable is to do what you don’t want and don’t need to – in this way you lose your valuable spare time you’ll never return back and will probably regret about it for long.
Thanks,
Max.
What is unacceptable is to do what you don’t want and don’t need to do – in this way you lose your valuable spare time, you’ll never get it back and will probably regret it for a long time.

BlackMax

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
What is unacceptable is to do what you don’t want and don’t need to do – in this way you lose your valuable spare time, you’ll never get it back and will probably regret it for a long time.
Thank you for the fast response, but I wanted to use (and meant) the structure like [which] you'll never..., so that will probably... refers to the main part of the sentence. Can I use this form, or it's undesirable or requires additional punctuation? How would it sound correctly in this case?

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
... you'll lose valuable spare time that you'll never get back...

Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.