Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
An Adopted child

Lindy Sinka, whose father was a truck driver and mother was a house wife, lived in the countryside in Korea. Her parents were well-natured but the little girl was very stubborn. She would not do what her mother said and easily get angry when being reprimanded .

One night, an unexpected accident happened when her father was driving the truck on the way home. The truck suddenly slid down to a chasm. He was badly injured and bleed profusely.

Fortunately, an ambulance came early enough to stop the bleeding. Just an hour later, Sinka and her mother got there and burst into cry of fear. The ambulance man said that her father’s blood type was O and asked if anyone in the family could give the poor father a quick blood transfusion. Sinka knew that her blood type was A and that a father and a child would have had the same blood type. Did it mean the man she called ‘father’ might not be her natural father? Had she been adopted? But why hadn't she heard about that?

Last edited:

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
An Adopted child
Lindy Sinka, whose father was a truck driver and mother (was) a house wife, lived in the countryside in Korea. Her parents were well-natured but the little girl was very stubborn. She would not do what her mother said and easily got angry when (being) reprimanded .

One night, an unexpected accident happened when her father was driving the truck on the way home. The truck suddenly slid down to a chasm. He was badly injured and bled profusely.

Fortunately, an ambulance came early enough to stop the bleeding. Just an hour later, Sinka and her mother got there and burst into cry of fear. The ambulance man said that her father’s blood type was O and asked if anyone in the family could give the poor father a quick blood transfusion. Sinka knew that her blood type was A and that a father and a child would have had the same blood type. Did it mean the man she called ‘father’ might not be her natural father? Had she been adopted? But why hadn't she heard about that before?

A couple of corrections but otherwise Ok

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
An Adopted child
The ambulance man said that her father’s blood type was O and asked if anyone in the family could give the poor father a quick blood transfusion. Sinka knew that her blood type was A and that a father and a child would have had the same blood type. Did it mean the man she called ‘father’ might not be her natural father? Had she been adopted? But why hadn't she heard about that?
I'm completely off topic, but the child could get the blood-type A from her mother. (That might be in the next part of your story). If you really want them to be incompatible, the chart on this link will help you:
Blood Type Chart - Paternity determination by blood type - parents & child

san2612

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I'm completely off topic, but the child could get the blood-type A from her mother. (That might be in the next part of your story). If you really want them to be incompatible, the chart on this link will help you:
Blood Type Chart - Paternity determination by blood type - parents & child
Oh, thanks. I didn't realize that if one parent has A and another has O, they can either produce a child with A or O blood types.

According to the chard, the father who has O, no matter what the the mother's blood type is, cannot produce a child with AB blood type .

So I would correct:

'The ambulance man said that her father’s blood type was O and asked if anyone in the family could give the poor father a quick blood transfusion. Sinka knew that her blood type was AB. Thus, she and her father must have had different paternity. Did it mean the man she called ‘father’ might not be her natural father? Had she been adopted? But why hadn't she heard about that?
Sinka were left in confusion when her mother called and said that her father was saved.'

Indeed, I intended the next part of the story would be about the young girl's trip to the city to find her natural parents. She would have been a child in a rich family if nothing bad happened just after her birth.
However, as I wrote this paragraph long time ago, I wouldn't write the next :)

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Oh, thanks. I didn't realize that if one parent has A and another has O, they can either produce a child with A or O blood types.
That's right, because A and B are dominant over O.
We all have two genes - we get one from our mother and one from our father. The dominant gene determines our blood type. O is the least dominant.
It the mother is has AO (type A, since A is dominant) and father OO (type O), the child is 50% likely to be type A (She has to get O from the father; and she's equally likely to get A or O from the mother).

According to the chard, the father who has O, no matter what the the mother's blood type is, cannot produce a child with AB blood type .
That's right - if the father is type O, he has OO genes. But a child who is AB must have got the A from one parent and the B from the other. If the father had either the A gene or the B gene, he would not be type O.

So I would correct:

'The ambulance man said that her father’s blood type was O and asked if anyone in the family could give the poor father a quick blood transfusion. Sinka knew that her blood type was AB. Thus, she [STRIKE]and her father[/STRIKE] must have had different paternity.
Yes, that would solve the problem.

Indeed, I intended the next part of the story would be about the young girl's trip to the city to find her natural parents. She would have been a child in a rich family if nothing bad happened just after her birth.
However, as I wrote this paragraph long time ago, I wouldn't write the next :)
R.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.