Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
For words, I think it’s useful to make word lists for different topics. For example, you can make lists for fruit, vegetables and animals. When you want to speak or write on a certain topic, you can check those lists.

(written by me)

In the last sentence above, do I use the verb ‘check’ correctly?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]For words,[/STRIKE] I think it’s useful to make word lists for different topics. For example, you can make lists [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of fruit, vegetables and animals. When you want to speak or write on a certain topic, you can check those lists.

(written by me)

In the last sentence above, [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] have I used the verb ‘check’ correctly?

It's OK but it's not clear whether you mean that you should look at the list before you start writing, in order to get some ideas, or only look at the list if you're writing and you get stuck on the vocabulary. I might use "consult" or simply "look at".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]For words,[/STRIKE] I think it’s useful to make word lists [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] about different topics. For example, you can make lists [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] about fruit, vegetables and animals. When you want to speak or write about [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] a certain topic, you can check those lists.

In the last sentence (above), [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] did I use the verb ‘check’ correctly?
Yes, and you can also use "refer to".

Status
Not open for further replies.