NATIVE ENGLISH-SPEAKERS! I need your help!

• Thread starter Mel8
  • Start date
  • Views : 3,604
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mel8

Hello, guys!

I'm applying to university and I had to write a motivation letter. I'm applying for a bachelor's degree in finance management. I have never written this kind of letter before so I'm in trouble. I need a native English speaker who can check my grammar, letter structure and help me to shorten it.
My English is quite poor so it would be amazing if you give me suggestions on this. I accept all critics and suggestions.
But for privacy reasons I don't want to upload my letter here, so I'm wondering if here is anybody who is ready to help me and can give me email to talk to me personally?

Please, I'm in despair. I really need your help!

Thank you in advance!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Somebody may be prepared to help you, but one of the points of this forum is that our questions and responses are on public view to help to anybody who visits, not just those who have requested assistance Private assistance is normally something you must expect to pay for.

Many people who post their letters here simply write XXX when they wish, understandably, not to reveal personal information.

M

Mel8

I understand you, but I have a problem. If I post letter here and university committee decides to check letter for plagiary, I will never be able to prove that this letter is written by me. That's why I'm afraid to post it here or on other forum.
I really don't know what to do.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I understand you, but I have a problem. If I post the letter here and the university committee decides to check the letter for plagiar[STRIKE]y[/STRIKE]ism, I will never be able to prove that this letter is written by me. That's why I'm afraid to post it here or on other forum.
I really don't know what to do.
Getting some help with grammar and vocabulary is not plagiarism

However, if the university has told you to write the letter without assistance, then obtaining help from us is dishonest, and attempting to avoid the risk of the university finding out is simply attempting to hide the dishonesty.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Getting some help with grammar and vocabulary is not plagiarism

However, if the university has told you to write the letter without assistance, then obtaining help from us is dishonest, and attempting to avoid the risk of the university finding out is simply attempting to hide the dishonesty.

:up:

Using something that you have published before is not plagiarism. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can add an attribution of your pevious work; you often see something like this in notes like 'previously published with a few small differences in my <other-doc>'

(But note what 5jj says about dishonesty.)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.