Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello!

I was asked to translate a text for a website from my native language into English.

Here it is its small fragment:
We intive you to focus on a beautiful world of Svyatogorie: here you can find documental and fictional films about the Holy Mountains and God's Saints, who used to struggle here, story lines about the contemporary history of the monastery, news videos about feasts and special events held at Svyatogorsk Lavra, live streaming of church services, Svyatogorsk abbot Metropolitan Arseny's interviews and sermons, weekly multimedia orthodox calendar called "Sennight", chants of Svyatogorsk Lavra's brethren choir, as well as story lines about Svyatogorsk Lavra from different mass media etc.
Have a pleasant and edifying watching!

Please check this text for any grammar mistakes.
All your remarks and comments are appreciated.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello!

I was asked to translate a text for a website from my native language into English.

Here is some of it: [STRIKE]it is its small fragment:[/STRIKE]

We [STRIKE]intive[/STRIKE] invite you to [STRIKE]focus on a[/STRIKE] the beautiful world of Svyatogorie. Here you can find [STRIKE]documental[/STRIKE] documentary and fictitious [STRIKE]fictional[/STRIKE] films about the Holy Mountains and God's saints who used to struggle here, story lines ["anecdotes"?] about the contemporary history of the monastery, news videos about feasts and special events held at Svyatogorsk Lavra, live streaming of church services, Svyatogorsk [STRIKE]abbot[/STRIKE] Metropolitan abbot Arseny's interviews and sermons, our weekly multimedia orthodox events calendar [STRIKE]called[/STRIKE] Sennight, chants of Svyatogorsk Lavra's brethren choir, as well as [STRIKE]story lines[/STRIKE] media stories about Svyatogorsk Lavra. [STRIKE]from different mass media etc.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE] Have a pleasant[/STRIKE]Wishing you happy and edifying viewing! [STRIKE]watching![/STRIKE]

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you very much.
I meant "plots" or "short stories" [STRIKE]under[/STRIKE] by "story lines".
Use "short stories."

Status
Not open for further replies.