[Essay] here is another essay, thx for your help~

Status
Not open for further replies.

markbaumol

Member Type
Student or Learner
this is an essay on city vs countryside life. i need to thank Gillnetter and tedtmc for helping with my previous essays.:)

Many people migrate from large cities to small towns for lower living costs and better environment, do you think the advantage of this development outweigh its disadvantage?

The increasingly dense population and soaring living costs force many city residents to flee into small country towns for a more peaceful and cozy life. People tend to hold varying views on whether this is an advisable decision. As far as I am concerned, this selection reflects both merits and demerits.

Living in a small town maintains unique and inherent upside, compared with life in many metropolises. To begin with, people will be exposed to a more lasting and closer friendship in these tight-knitted communities. Neighbours know each other well and are always ready to provide help when you need it. It is an experience that city dwellers hardly have in concrete cold apartments. Moreover, due to the size of town and familiarity of people, there is always much less crime in the countryside, thereby allowing a much safer environment for children to grow up. At the meantime, not only can people get rid of the annoying traffic congestions, but also they can enjoy better living and housing standards with much less expense in a small town than an overcrowded city.

Admittedly, there are some negative aspects coming along with the comfortable country life. It is manifest that seldom do industry tycoons settle their headquarters or branches in the countryside, which means limited job opportunities for the local residents. Thus, some young people have no choice but to give up living in where they were born and move to cities for jobs’ sake. Also, life is not as convenient as that in the cosmopolis, where there always will be some shops opening for 24 hours. And cities inhabitants are facing various selections of dining places and fashion shops, which do not exist in a small town.

In conclusion, country life does bring a multitude of advantages, in terms of living quality and low costs. Nonetheless, there are some limits, such as job opportunities and inconvenience of living, deterring city residents to move to the countryside. Therefore, I believe that country life may benefit some group of people, like retirees, but not everyone.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
this is an essay on city vs countryside life. i need to thank Gillnetter and tedtmc for helping with my previous essays.:)

Many people migrate from large cities to small towns for lower living costs and better environment. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantage?

The increasingly dense urban population and soaring living costs force many city residents to flee into to small country towns for a more peaceful and cozy life. People tend to hold varying views on whether this is an advisable decision. As far as I am concerned, this decision reflects has both merits and demerits.

Living in a small town maintains has its unique and inherent upside, compared with life in many metropolises. To begin with, people will be tend to be exposed to a more lasting and closer friendship in these tight-knitted communities. Neighbours would know each other well and are always would be ready to provide help when you need it. It is an experience that city dwellers hardly have living in concrete cold apartments. Moreover, due to the size of town and familiarity of among people, there is always much less crime in the countryside, thereby allowing a much safer environment for children to grow up. At the meantime, not only can people get rid of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] be free of annoying traffic congestions, but also they can enjoy better living and housing standards with much less expense at lower cost in a small town than an overcrowded city.

Admittedly, there are some negative aspects coming along which comes with the comfortable country life. It is manifest that seldom do industry tycoons settle locate their headquarters or branches in the countryside, which means limited job opportunities for the local residents. Thus, some young people have no choice but to give up living in where they were born and move to cities for job[STRIKE]s’ [/STRIKE]sake. Also, life is not as convenient as that in the cosmopolis, where there always will be some shops opening for 24 hours. And cities inhabitants are facing have the choice of various selections of dining places and fashion shops, which do not exist in a small town.

In conclusion, country life does bring have a multitude of advantages, in terms of living quality and low costs. Nonetheless, there are some limits, such as lesser job opportunities and the inconvenience of living, deterring which are deterring factors for city residents to move to the countryside. Therefore, I believe that country life may benefit some only a certain group of people, like retirees, but not everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.