Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi guys,

If I want to say that I boarded an auto from the metro station but it stood there for 15 minutes(because of the driver he wanted more people to board the auto)and then our journey started, so what would be the correct sentence for it, and there is 1 more scenerio like if I am on a bus and it hits a car from behind so what should I say driver didn't press the breaks on time or government bus drivers never press the breaks on time?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
"The auto driver waited for 15 minutes before leaving, because he wanted more paying passengers." A very common situation in India.
"Government bus drivers never brake in time."

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Please note (from Bhai's post) the spelling of "brake" (as opposed to your "break") and that he said "in time" (as opposed to your "on time").

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
So we can say "This driver never or always brakes in time or drivers should brake in time or please brake in time while driving".

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
So we can say "This driver never or always brakes in time or drivers should brake in time or please brake in time while driving".

Yes, though I would hope it was not all that necessary to remind drivers not to hit things. Is it really the case that bus drivers are always running into things from behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.