Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Hi there,

I'm constructing an email that I'll send to the universities I've applied to.

Context: I have made a mistake on my university application. I have left one qualification off the application, therefore now I am going to send an email to each university to admit my mistakes. But I'm struggling to word the email. I don't want to appear too rude but I don't want to be viewed in a negative light as someone who doesn't care about their application at all.

Do you mind helping? It just feels like that the email doesn't flow at all

Here is the email:

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing this email to let you know that when submitting my university application I neglected to include the fact that I am currently doing an EPQ and expect to get an A/A* by the end of the year. I have also included my full name and personal ID in the email.

Thank you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
XXX

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi there,
Hello, and welcome.

I'm [STRIKE]constructing[/STRIKE] drafting an email that I'll send to the universities I've applied to.

Context: I have made a mistake on my university application. I have left one qualification off the application. Therefore, now I am going to send an email to each university to [STRIKE]admit[/STRIKE] rectify my mistakes. But I'm struggling to word the email. I don't want to appear too rude, but I don't want to be viewed in a negative light as someone who [STRIKE]doesn't care about[/STRIKE] is careless with their application. [STRIKE]at all.[/STRIKE]

Do you mind helping? It just feels like that the email doesn't flow at all.

Here is the email:

[STRIKE]To whom it may concern,[/STRIKE]
Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm writing this email to let you know that [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] after submitting my university application, I [STRIKE]neglected to[/STRIKE] realized that I should have include the fact that I am currently doing an EPQ and expect to get an A/A* by the end of the year. I have also included my full name and personal ID in the email.

Thank you, and I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

[STRIKE]Best wishes,[/STRIKE]
Yours faithfully,

XXX
What does EPQ stand for, and what do you mean by "my personal ID"?

Status
Not open for further replies.