[Essay] Please check my paragraph for grammatical errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farhaj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Respected Teachers at Usingenglish.com,

Greetings! Please check following paragraph for grammatical errors and sentence structure. I have written an essay.

A Judicial System in Pakistan

Since independence there are thousands of seminars and workshops held in Pakistan on the topic of how to improve judicial system in the country. Complex judicial system comprises of police, prosecution, prison and judiciary. Than there is a penal codes as old as one can assume after seeing an old tree in a village. Civil Procedure Code is 118 years old while Criminal Procedure Code is 108 years old. In fact, in each part of judicial system we need reforms.

Police weak old-fashioned investigation techniques act like a catalyst to linger on the case. Incompetency within the police structure and appointments on political interference making them worst part. Personnel should come through competitive process and zero tolerance policy for political influence. Technological advancements should also be adopted and funds should be allocated for structural development.

According to Law and Justice Commission of Pakistan total number of pending cases in countrywide is 1980000, out of these 1272840 cases are pending in Punjab province, 689000 cases pending in Sindh, 112000 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and 610000 pending in Balochistan courts. The amount of pending cases not only burdening judiciary but also prosecution get frustrated. Lack of case handling management of prosecutors also add to the fuel. Prosecutors inability to expedite cases and disposed off the cases are the main concerns. In some high value cases police and prosection have apprehension for repercussions. Few months ago, advocate Malik had been killed by the terrorist because he was the prosecutor in the case of bus attack in whcih 39 people died. Due to this nature of cases witnesses are also afraid of the outcome. Recently Sindh Assembly passed a bill Witness Protection Act 2013 which yet to be implemented.

Dear teacher please rate my writing out of 10 so that I can asses myself for competitive exams. Please suggest me ways to improve writing skill and grammar.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE] A[/STRIKE] The Judicial System in Pakistan

Since independence, [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] thousands of seminars and workshops have been held in Pakistan on the topic of how to improve the judicial system in the country. Our complex judicial system is comprised of the police, the prosecution service, the prison system and the judiciary. [STRIKE]Than[/STRIKE]Then there is [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the penal code which is quite old. [STRIKE]as old as one can assume after seeing an old tree in a village.[/STRIKE] The Pakistani Civil Procedure Code is 118 years old, while the Criminal Procedure Code is 108 years old. In fact, reform is urgently needed in [STRIKE]each part[/STRIKE] all sectors of our judicial system. [STRIKE]we need reforms.[/STRIKE]

I didn't correct your subsequent paragraphs because they appear to be without a topic sentence; that is the sentence which tells the reader what the paragraph is about. Try to write a topic sentence for each of those paragraphs, and re-post.

Status
Not open for further replies.