Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I sense because I did not have any help when I was growing up, I had to learn it myself. That's the only excuse I can think of. I felt retarded when I envied others intelligence knowledge and education. I am late in life to begin again, but change is always going to happen regardless of the situation. I want to spell the word regard (reguard), and I will never know why. I ask myself why I do this and argue about writing that's out of my style. Because I had no one to help me understand anything I was interested in.

I feel I lived in another time and things change except for being hardheaded and envious of what I missed in my life. Thanks for listing. Edit this.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I sense because I did not have any help when I was growing up, I had to learn things myself. That's the only excuse I can think of. I felt retarded when I envied others' intelligence, knowledge, and education. I am late in life to begin again, but change is always going to happen, regardless of the situation. I want to spell the word regard (reguard), and I will never know why. I ask myself why I do this and argue about writing that's out of my style. Because I had no one to help me understand anything I was interested in.

I feel I lived in another time and things change except for being hardheaded and envious of what I missed in my life. Thanks for listening. Please edit this.

See corrections above, MNY.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I [STRIKE]sense[/STRIKE] realise (that), because I did not have any help when I was growing up, I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] have to learn things myself.

It is never late to learn. Learning is a lifelong process. Everyone learns at his/her own pace; the feeling of envy should not come into the picture. The good thing is, at this stage of your life, you do not have deadlines to meet and exams to sit, unlike the younger generations. This itself, is something enviable.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
And if you are not spelling regard the way you want to, then you are overcoming these issues.

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I sense realize that I had. Why are these words wrong to use? Cannot the writer use his own words? We do no live in a perfect world. Each writer has there own voice? Why are these words non usable as ones voice?

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The words things others are words I chose to use because they seem to explain the sentence my way. Does not each writer have their voice in their writing? Now I see where listing and please edit are wrong. Are the edited words writer correct like politically correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I sense/realize that I had. Why are these words wrong to use? Cannot the writer use his own words? We do not live in a perfect world. Each writer has [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] their own voice. Why are these words not usable as one's voice?

You are absolutely free to use whichever words you want. However, you chose to join this forum and what we do on this forum is correct/improve people's writing. Usually, that is what they want us to do and that is what we have been doing to all your posts. If you don't want our corrections or suggestions, why did you join?

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To learn the many different ways of using English, Which I have learned here?

Status
Not open for further replies.