Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Austria
Hello,
I am new on this forum and I hope that someone colud help me with writing one sentence. I know how to speak english, but with writing I am not so good and that is the reason why I am here.
So the sentence should go something like this:

Photos from the set of documentary about ... .

I don't know if this is correct, but my intention is to write under several photographies that they are from the set (place where people shoot a movie or film), and that this set is made for a documentary. And the whole documentary is about one person.

Hope I was clear enough and that sombody would help me. Thanks in advance ;) Any advice is welcomed ;)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,
I am new on this forum and I hope that someone [STRIKE]colud[/STRIKE] can help me with writing one sentence. I know how to speak English, but with writing I am not so good and that is the reason why I am here.
So the sentence should go something like this:

Photos from the set of a/the documentary about ... .

I don't know if this is correct, but my intention is to write under several [STRIKE]photographies[/STRIKE] photographs that they are from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a set (place where people shoot a movie or film), and that [STRIKE]this set is made for[/STRIKE] it was the set of a documentary. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] The whole documentary is about one person.

Hope I was clear enough and that somebody [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] will help me. Thanks in advance ;) Any advice is welcomed ;)

See above for a couple of amendments, and a suggestion. As you can see, I would say that the caption should read "Photos from the set of a documentary about..."

If there has only ever been one documentary about that person, then you can say "Photos from the set of the documentary about..."

Begbie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Austria
Thanks for such a fast replay. ;)

P.S.
It is realy cool with this red corrections. Now I can see where I make mistakes :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for such a fast [STRIKE]replay[/STRIKE] reply. ;)

P.S.
It is really cool with [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] these red corrections. Now I can see where I make mistakes :)

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.