Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is to request an exemption from English proficiency testing. I am an international student has been studied in Canada since 2012 for almost four years. And I do believe my English language skill fully satisfies the requirement from *** University.
First of all, I have strong passion about learning English language. When I first time had a class in high school, I was confused with everything. After that, I have been trying to improve my English and work hard all the time. In order to improve my skills, I read lots of books and listen to the radios. And I finally got A- for College English course through my efforts in winter 2015 term.
Secondly, the ESLEO course I took in 2014 can be considered as grade 10 English. According to the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9-12, the student who finishes the ESLEO can choose to take either ENG3U/3C or ENG4U/4C.
Lastly, I have an abundance of volunteer and working experiences to prove my English skills. I volunteered for Heart and Stroke Foundation and Toronto Black Film Festival before. I also went to work at Tim Horton’s and food court during my spare time. I never had any language burden with my colleagues and got along with them very well.
I would appreciate your response and thanks for taking time on my request.
Sincerely,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,
[STRIKE]This is to request an exemption[/STRIKE] I wish to be exempt from the English proficiency testing requirement. I am an international student, [STRIKE]has been studied[/STRIKE] and I've been studying in Canada since 2012. [STRIKE]for almost four years. And I do[/STRIKE] I believe my English language skill fully satisfies the requirement [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] for admission into *** University.

First of all, I have always had a strong passion [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] for learning English. [STRIKE]language. When I first time had a class in high school, I was confused with everything. After that, I have been trying to improve my English and work hard all the time.[/STRIKE] In order to improve my skills, I have read lots of books in English and listened regularly to the radio ever since coming to Canada. [STRIKE]And I finally got[/STRIKE] I've also managed to get A- [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] in my College English course [STRIKE]through my efforts[/STRIKE] in the 2015 winter [STRIKE]2015[/STRIKE] term.

Secondly, the ESLEO course I took in 2014 can be considered as equivalent to grade-10 English. According to the Ontario Curriculum, Grades 9-12, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a student who finishes the ESLEO can choose to take either ENG3U/3C or ENG4U/4C.

[STRIKE]Lastly,[/STRIKE] Finally, I wish to point out that I have an [STRIKE]abundance of[/STRIKE] much volunteer and working experience to prove my English skills. I have volunteered for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the Toronto Black Film Festival. [STRIKE]before.[/STRIKE] I have also [STRIKE]went to[/STRIKE] worked at Tim Horton’s and in a local food court during my spare time. I've never had any language difficulties when communicating [STRIKE]burden[/STRIKE] with my colleagues, and I always get along with them very well.

I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] appreciate your [STRIKE]response and thanks for[/STRIKE] taking time [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] to consider my request, and I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No offence, but the number of errors in your post indicate that you probably do need to take the English proficiency test that you are trying to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.