[Grammar] A broad cover letter for Sound Engineering. Is it grammatically correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesG

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
United States
I am inquiring about any available positions in the Stage Managing or Live Sound field. I am currently located in Cape Town, South Africa but will be relocating to Austin, Texas in two weeks after which time I will be available for interviews. I have been studying sound production and engineering as well as gaining practical experience for the past three years. Attached is my resume which includes club venue and, festival experience. I take pride in my efficiency and logical approach in any multi-purpose and spontaneous work environments.

My experience ranges from Sound Technician to Client Relations as well as Visual Arts(VJ). I started as a Studio Recording Engineer six years ago, then moved to Live Sound Engineering three years later. I now pursue a new found passion in Stage Managing and Artist Liaison. I have worked amongst the top engineers and performers in South Africa after starting my Live Sound career at the most reputable Live Venue in Cape Town, The Assembly. I have had the opportunity to VJ, Stage Manage as well as Sound Engineer for live bands at various well known outdoor music festivals around the country where attendance ranged from 5,000 to 15,000 people.

My relentless passion for sound engineering and design compiled with my meticulous attention to detail drive me to perform any task at hand with enthusiasm and accuracy. I believe my strong work ethic and sense of responsibility will be highly beneficial to any organization. My experience in South Africa has taught me to be multi-functional in the workplace and has required me to work resourcefully and beyond my own comfort zone.

I thrive to progress in any opportunity and gain further experience in the Live Music Industry. Included is my resume and credentials for the past three years from working in and around Cape Town, South Africa. Please feel free to contact me or my references for further clarification.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I am inquiring about any available positions in the Stage Managing or Live Sound field. I am currently located in Cape Town, South Africa but will be relocating to Austin, Texas in two weeks after which time I will be available for interviews. I have been studying sound production and engineering as well as gaining practical experience for the past three years. Attached is my resume which includes club, venue and festival (comma moved) experience. I take pride in my efficiency and logical approach in any multi-purpose and spontaneous work environments.

My experience ranges from Sound Technician to Client Relations as well as Visual Arts(VJ). I started as a Studio Recording Engineer six years ago, then moved to Live Sound Engineering three years later. I now pursue a new found passion in Stage Managing and Artist Liaison. I have worked amongst the top engineers and performers in South Africa after starting my Live Sound career at the most reputable live venue in Cape Town, The Assembly. I have had the opportunity to VJ, Stage Manage as well as Sound Engineer for live bands at various well known outdoor music festivals around the country where attendance ranged from 5,000 to 15,000 people.

My relentless passion for sound engineering and design compiled with my meticulous attention to detail drive me to perform any task at hand with enthusiasm and accuracy. I believe my strong work ethic and sense of responsibility will be highly beneficial to any organization. My experience in South Africa has taught me to be multi-functional in the workplace and has required me to work resourcefully and beyond my own comfort zone.

I strive to progress in any opportunity and gain further experience in the Live Music Industry. Included is my resume and credentials for the past three years from working in and around Cape Town, South Africa. Please feel free to contact me or my references for further clarification.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.