English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum askcrank :hi:.

I have not heard the expression "mother chill". Where did you hear it? Do you have any more context?

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
what does mean "mother chill"?

NOT A TEACHER

Do you mean something like this?

Tony: I am going to the beach with my friends tomorrow.

Mother: Oh, no! I read that they saw some sharks there.

Tony: They said it was a very small one, and it left the area when it saw so many people.

Mother: Oh, Tony, please don't go there. A shark could get you. Then Father and I

will lose our only son. Then we will be so sad. Then we will not have any

grandchildren. Then --

Tony: Mother, chill out. ( = calm down. The situation is not that bad. Don't

exaggerate things.)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
:up: Good thinking, [STRIKE]Batman[/STRIKE] Parser.

askcrank

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
How i get the expression "mother chill" is, first,when i was at thrift store, two young women found a sweater of Hawaii's souvenir, it says "Mother chill", and then they got very excited and said, "this is fuckin' so cool! " "mother chill, awesome!!!". So i was wondering what does mean"mother chill",and went internet and the only i found in amazon,that is an album title "mother's chill" by Louis Rubio & Oscar Hernandezs. But I couldn't find any close but that. That's why i came here to ask native speakers. Thanks for reading!!:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]How[/STRIKE] I heard the expression "mother chill" [STRIKE]is, first,[/STRIKE]when I was at thrift store. Two young women found a Hawaiian souvenir sweater [STRIKE]of Hawaii's souvenir, it says[/STRIKE] which said "Mother chill", and then they got very excited and said, "This is [STRIKE]fuckin'[/STRIKE] so f**king cool! Mother chill, awesome!!!". So I was wondering what [STRIKE]does mean[/STRIKE]"mother chill" means. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I went on the internet and the only place I found it was in Amazon - [STRIKE]that is an album title[/STRIKE] "Mother's chill" is the title of an album by Louis Rubio & Oscar Hernandezs. But I couldn't find anything closer [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] than that. That's why I came here to ask native speakers. Thanks for reading!!:)

I've never heard of it in BrE.

Please see the amendments I have made to your post in red. Please remember to capitalise the word "I" at all times. We also request that users of the forum refrain from posting swear words (cussing) in full as some people may be offended. That is why I have changed your post to "That is so f**king cool". Use asterisks to replace some of the letters in such words please.

Status
Not open for further replies.