when do we use blow and blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

tough

Member Type
Student or Learner
When do we use blow and blows .Whats the difference between the two.
2) How are you with/in/at accounts (what to use)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When do we use blow and blows .Whats the difference between the two.
2) How are you with/in/at accounts (what to use)

1) Blow (noun) - singular; blows - plural
To blow (verb) - present tense - blow in 1st/2nd person sing and 1st/2nd/3rd person plural. Blows in 3rd person singular.

Did you have some other differences in use in mind? If so, please elaborate.

2) How are you at (doing) accounts?

tough

Member Type
Student or Learner
1) Blow (noun) - singular; blows - plural
To blow (verb) - present tense - blow in 1st/2nd person sing and 1st/2nd/3rd person plural. Blows in 3rd person singular.

Did you have some other differences in use in mind? If so, please elaborate.

2) How are you at (doing) accounts?
Ya why do we say This fan blow very hard and not This fan blows very hard..i am confused with this differnce .
Also in the sencond sentence the person to whom i want to ask the question doesn't studies accounts any more he has completed his studies few yeras before so am i still suppose to" How were you at accounts."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ya why do we say This fan blow very hard and not This fan blows very hard..i am confused with this differnce .
Also in the sencond sentence the person to whom i want to ask the question doesn't studies accounts any more he has completed his studies few yeras before so am i still suppose to" How were you at accounts."

We don't say "This fan blow very hard" - who told you that we do?! "This fan" is 3rd person singular and takes "blows"

If the person in the second question no longer studies accounting, then you can say "How were you at accounts/accountancy/accounting (depending on the name of the actual course)?" Of course, this would only work if you were already talking about the time when he was a student. If you made this the first line of a conversation, I don't think it would necessarily be understood, and you would need to say something like "When you were a student, were you any good at accounting?"

Status
Not open for further replies.