Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi teachers,

Could you please help me correct this cover letter? Thank you very much!:-D
---------------------------------------

Dear Hiring Manager,

As a highly motivated and dedicated student with strong problem solving skill and the willingness to learn, I would like to apply for the PHP Fresher Program.

Although I just nearly graduate from university, I still have knowledge in programming, especially web development through years of studying as well as the fact that I have been educating myself with necessary knowledge in this field.

These experiences have allowed me to developed strong problem solving and organizational skills, which I see as being very important when seeking to work in IT employment while continuing to study.

Personal attributes that I believe make me suitable for this position include:

- Motivation: Teach myself PHP, MySQL, Javascript and other related skills demonstrate high motivation.
- Problem-solving: Build a whole website using all the knowledge I have learnt on my own.

During my time at the university, I also had opportunities to work with others and help them out where possible. I enjoy working with others and believe that my skills will ensure that I can meet the expectations of this role.

I am aware that you will receive a large number of applications for this program, but I would very much appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate my capabilities to you in person.

Attached is a copy of my resume that further explains my background and technical skills. I can be reached anytime via my cell phone,... or via email at... Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.

Best Regards,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Hiring Manager,

As a highly motivated and dedicated student with strong problem-solving skills and the willingness to learn, I would like to apply for the PHP Fresher Program. [Are you sure that name is correct?]

Although I just nearly graduate [What does that mean?] from university, I still have knowledge in programming, especially web development through years of studying as well as the fact that I have been educating myself with necessary knowledge in this field.

These experiences have allowed me to develop [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] strong [STRIKE]problem solving[/STRIKE] analytical and organizational skills, which I see as being very important when seeking to work in IT [STRIKE]employment[/STRIKE] while continuing to study.

My personal attributes that I believe make me suitable for this position include:

- Motivation: I have taught [STRIKE]Teach[/STRIKE] myself PHP, MySQL, Javascript and other related technologies. [STRIKE]skills demonstrate high motivation.[/STRIKE]
- Problem-solving: [STRIKE]Build a whole[/STRIKE] I designed and built an entire website using [STRIKE]all the[/STRIKE] knowledge I [STRIKE]have learnt[/STRIKE] acquired on my own.

During my time at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] university, I [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] had opportunities to work with others on several team projects. I always did my best to contribute to the success of the team's work. [STRIKE]and help them out where possible.[/STRIKE] I enjoy working with others and believe that my skills will ensure that I can [STRIKE]meet the expectations of[/STRIKE] succeed in this role.

I am aware that you will receive a large number of applications for this program, but I would very much appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate my capabilities to you in person.

Attached is a copy of my resume that further explains my background and technical skills. I can be reached anytime via my cell phone,... or via email at...

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.

[STRIKE] Best Regards,[/STRIKE]

Yours faithfully,

Huy Nguyen
Can you not say a little more about your suitability for this particular (PHP) job?

huynguyen158

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, teechar. Thank you very much for your help!:-D
[Are you sure that name is correct?]
Yes. Maybe the term is not totally correct but I see it is used a lot when it comes to job interview to mean 'beginner at any given topic'. Here is the definition from Quora:

fresher = Fresh out of Education, with No Experience.

So if I want to express that way, which word would be the correct one?

[What does that mean?]
I should have said I haven't graduated yet. Do you think it's clearer?

Can you not say a little more about your suitability for this particular (PHP) job?
So you mean it's better not to mention too much about suitability? But I thought it's important to describe why a candidate would be suitable for the particular job in the cover letter? I'm a little confused.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi, teechar. Thank you very much for your help!:-D
Yes. Maybe the term is not totally correct but I see it is used a lot when it comes to job interview to mean 'beginner at any given topic'. Here is the definition from Quora:
fresher = Fresh out of Education, with No Experience.
So if I want to express that way, which word would be the correct one?
No. Just use the exact name of the course.

I should have said I haven't graduated yet. Do you think it's clearer?
Although I haven't yet graduated, my knowledge in programming is solid, especially in web development. This is the result of years of formal study as well as the fact that I have been teaching myself various concepts and technologies in this field.

So you mean it's better not to mention too much about suitability? But I thought it's important to describe why a candidate would be suitable for the particular job in the cover letter? I'm a little confused.
No! I meant the exact opposite! :shock: I was suggesting that you write more.

Status
Not open for further replies.