in concept of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello,

I am not really sure I can understand the meaning of the phrase in concept of. I see it is used in a variety of situations. Could anybody help me understand what it means?

Thank you

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello,

I am not really sure I can understand the meaning of the phrase in concept of. I see it is used in a variety of situations. Could anybody help me understand what it means?

Thank you

Can you give us some examples of what you saw.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Can you give us some examples of what you saw.

Here are some examples I found.

1 History shows that there have been major changes in concept of childhood in Eurocentric cultures before

2 Council Regulation (EEC) No 1191/69 of 26 June 1969 on action by Member States concerning the obligations inherent in concept of a public service in transport by rail, road and inland waterway

3 If the assignment is in concept of a payment pro solvendo or pro soluto in exchange of a sale of goods or a provision of services, the law applicable shall be....

4 The earliest hint of Confucianist Shinto can be seen in concept of Confucian-Shinto unity

5 On the other hand in concept of physical wellness, there are physical activities that sustain bodily atrophy which are part of the personal habits of man to live in a better world in the satisfaction of human wants

6 Contributions in concept of happiness

I see the phrase is also used in legal contexts (examples 2 and 3). Could you say if it has a different meaning in these cases?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Here are some examples I found.

1 History shows that there have been major changes in the concept of childhood in Eurocentric cultures before

2 Council Regulation (EEC) No 1191/69 of 26 June 1969 on action by Member States concerning the obligations inherent in [the] concept of a public service in transport by rail, road and inland waterway

3 If the assignment is in concept of a payment pro solvendo or pro soluto in exchange of a sale of goods or a provision of services, the law applicable shall be....

4 The earliest hint of Confucianist Shinto can be seen in the concept of Confucian-Shinto unity

5 On the other hand in the concept of [?] physical wellness, there are physical activities that sustain bodily atrophy which are part of the personal habits of man to live in a better world in the satisfaction of human wants. Probable wrong use.

6 Contributions in concept of happiness Probable wrong use.

I see the phrase is also used in legal contexts (examples 2 and 3). Could you say if it has a different meaning in these cases?
It possibly has a different meaning in law. 2 and 3.
In a few of those cases, restoring a missing 'the' makes the sentences understandable. 1 and 4 at least.
I don't understand 5 and 6.
Are all of these written by English native speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.