English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
South Africa
Address of a recipient

Dear sir/madam

Re:application for a bursary

I would hereby like to apply for a bursary that was advertised on your website.
Next year I want to study NDip:horticulture at TUT.This is a three year course and I will require assistance,therefore I'm applying for the bursary from your trust.

I'm really passionate about cultivation, propagation and maintenance of ornomental plants.i love the natural environment and making a meaningful contribution to its conservation. Curiosity is definitely a prerequisite-a zest for wanting to learn something new!and,especially important is a passion for contributing to society and making a real difference in the lives of others. I could give you a thousands reasons to motivate my application but most crucial one is that I adore what I want to study.I'm committed to study this course and give it my all.

My goals for the future is to share my knowledge and inspire young professionals in my field.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Yours faithfully
Surname and initials
Signature
Contacts (email address and phone number)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam

Re:application for a bursary

I [STRIKE]would hereby like[/STRIKE] wish to apply for a bursary from your trust [STRIKE]that was[/STRIKE] as advertised on your website to enroll in the NDip in horticulture program at TUT starting next year.
[STRIKE] Next year I want to study NDip:horticulture at TUT.[/STRIKE] This is a three-year course, and I will require financial assistance for it. [STRIKE]therefore I'm applying for the bursary from your trust.[/STRIKE]

I'm really passionate about the cultivation, propagation and maintenance of ornamental plants. I love the natural environment and making a meaningful contribution to its conservation. Curiosity is definitely a prerequisite- a zest for wanting to learn something new! And,especially important is a passion for contributing to society and making a real difference in the lives of others. I could give you a thousand reasons [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] that motivate my application, but the most crucial one is that I adore what I want to study. I'm committed to [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] succeeding in this course, and I will endeavour to give it my all.

My goals for the future [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are to share my knowledge and inspire young professionals in my field.

I Look [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Surname and initials

Signature
Contacts (email address and phone number)

I feel that your motivation letter is a little short. I suggest that you consider adding more details to convince the university that you're a candidate worthy of a bursary and of a place in their NDip program.

You could talk about your achievements (academic and otherwise), special interest in horticulture, future goals, career aspirations, research interests ... etc. You could also explain why you should be considered for the bursary.

I also suggest you remove the sentence I underlined as it is informal and inappropriate in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.