Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Could you please inform me why my questions are not being posted. Is there anything wrong that I did? Please tell. Please post my questions.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are several of your posts in moderation at the moment. I have approved this one only so that I can respond to your question.

We have asked you repeatedly, in many threads, to use the "Like" and "Thank" buttons to indicate that you have read, understood and appreciated our responses. You have failed to do so. You have been warned that if you continued to ignore our requests and instructions, your posts would not be allowed through. That result is now happening.

I am not going to approve any more of your posts until you click both "Like" and "Thank" for this post.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
OK, sorry actually I thought that I had to hit like button if I find the post helpful or my query has been resolved. Okay from now onwards I will hit it every time. Please post my questions.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I did not ask you to hit the "Like" button on every post. That would be ridiculous. However, as far as we can tell, you have never hit it and we feel like we are wasting our time answering your questions when we get absolutely no feedback from you.

I notice that you still haven't clicked Like and Thank on post #2 as you were asked to do. Why haven't you done it?

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
OK, sorry actually I thought that I had to hit like button if I find the post helpful or my query has been resolved.
You have posted 1326 times but clicked on 'Thank' and 'Like' only 29 times altogether.
Does it mean only 29 posts were helpful or could solve your problems?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You have posted 1326 times but clicked on 'Thank' and 'Like' only 29 times altogether.
:-?
Perhaps we should coin some new words: "likeaphobia" or "thankaphobia."

kilroy65

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria

It means that tufguy definitely knows where the icons are.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
tufguy is persistently ignoring moderators and making assurances that he does not stand by. His failure to take heed of the words I have quoted above suggest that this site is not the place for him.
tufguy, do you notice the gravity of the above comment?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sorry, this won't happen again. I will do it every time. I used to think that when someone opened a thread moderators came to know about it. Okay I have made the mistake but this won't happen in the future.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sorry guys. This mistake happened because of my stupidity. I didn't do it delibratley. I told you that now adays I might not be able to visit the site frequently because of the disease. If I had seen I would have responded and done the needful. Please forgive me guys. Please.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sorry, this won't happen again. I will do it every time. I used to think that when someone opened a thread moderators came to know about it. Okay I have made the mistake but this won't happen in the future.

May I suggest that you demonstrate your resolve by clicking "Thank" below one of the moderators' posts above? I have "Liked" your post above this to demonstrate what happens.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I can't post "like" guys. Sorry I can't hit like button.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Man I was eating. I can't hit like guys.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
What do you mean?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Man I was eating. I can't hit like guys.

Thanks for replying. I can't tell whether you are somehow physically unable to click the Like button, the Like button doesn't work, or some psychological hang-up prevents you from clicking it. To clarify, can you answer these questions?

1) Is there a thumbs-up icon or the word "Like" at the left side of the gray bar at the bottom of this message?
2) If so, what happens when you click it?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not sure if our posts look different on different browsers and devices, but there is no "thumbs up" icon in the grey bar at the bottom of any message for me. I see the word "Thank" then the word "Like". In another thread, someone very helpfully posted a screen shot of those words, with red arrows pointing at them, and asked if Tufguy could see those words. Tufguy said "Yes, I can see [them]". There are now 2 possibilities:

1) Tufguy misunderstood the question and thought he was being asked if he could see the words "Thank" and "Like" in the screenshot (which of course he could).
2) Tufguy can see the "Thank" and "Like" buttons on every post and simply won't use them.

Anyway, Tufguy, please answer GoesStation's very clear questions in post #18.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not sure if our posts look different on different browsers and devices, but there is no "thumbs up" icon in the grey bar at the bottom of any message for me. I see the word "Thank" then the word "Like".

Perhaps you're using Adblock or something similar, and it's blocking the images. I've edited my post #19 to embrace the possibility that our friend's browser is also not displaying them.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I am now using Microsoft Edge, where the same icons can be seen.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Perhaps you're using Adblock or something similar, and it's blocking the images.
I am now using Adblock Plus on my Chrome, where the images can be displayed.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am now using Adblock Plus on my Chrome, where the images can be displayed.

Me too. You can add exclusions by right-clicking on the offending element and clicking "Block element". When you do so, you can edit the element's URL to block all similar elements. I've done this on various forums that provide distracting animated smileys.

So it's possible the previous poster has blocked images which you and I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.