Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hello,

my name is Jana, I would like to travel to China for 2 years and Teach-English in China and I found an Agency from Germany:

[URL REMOVED]

Does any one has experience with this Agent or any other Agency?

I am looking forward for some

Regards

Jana

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, my name is Jana. I would like to travel to China for 2 years and teach English ​there. [STRIKE]in China and[/STRIKE] I found an agency [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] in Germany:

[URL REMOVED]

Does [STRIKE]any one[/STRIKE] anyone [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] have experience with this agent or any other agency?

I am looking forward [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to some useful responses.

Regards.

Jana

Note my corrections above. No matter what agency you might use, you are going to need to improve your own English a lot before you try to teach other people. Your member profile says your native language is English. That's clearly not the case.

The URL to the agency has been removed for potential spam.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If your search for the name of the agency with the word blacklist, you should find any negative reports about it.

One very important tip when travelling to countries where you're not sure about what to expect is always to have the money to fly home. If you do this, then you can always leave a place if things go wrong, which can happen. If you don't have your fare out, things can get messy.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My personal feeling is that any agency that says you need neither degree nor teaching qualification to teach in a country, but must be prepared to take a training course when you arrive needs to be looked at very carefully indeed.

I agree- many in-house courses lock teachers in as no one else recognises the course.

J

J&K Tutoring

I strongly urge you to read through this site http://middlekingdomlife.com/guide/ carefully before you pay any money to any agency. Note the date of the various posts. I would like to think things are getting better, but you should be aware of what can happen if you are not well prepared as others have suggested.

I think you may be hampered by the fact you do not come from an English-speaking country. Schools tend to prefer teachers from England, Canada, The USA, and Australia. I doubt an agency will mention that.

I'll also mention that reading your contract is good, but not much use in case of conflict. You have no guarantee that the contract you sign in English is worded the same as the one you also sign that's written in Chinese. The contract in Chinese will prevail in case of "misunderstanding".

Last edited:

ed_phelan

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you a native English speaker?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The OP's profile shows that she is but that claim has already been challenged in post #2. We have yet to see any response from Sharon88.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
An SEO spammer brought the thread back to life. I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.