[Essay] Marriage Is the Best Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

valflower

Member Type
Student or Learner
i need some help. i'm an university student and i have some problems with writing but i can't understand my gap... i hope that someone can help me!

the title of my essay:

Marriage is the best medicine

From a recent research has emerged that a happy marriage is good for your health and can up to some years of your life. In this context, Professor Robert Kaplan, who led the research, affirmed that a lot of studies had shown that unmarried adults have a higher probability of early death that those who are married.

Basically, when you are in a relationship there is an element of social connectedness and interaction that prevent the isolation that singles have got. Taking care of someone else and living for another person who loves you, help you to live longer. Also these considerations reduce stress and can aid you deal with problems better. People, who decided to unite their entire life and creating a union with someone else, adopt healthier lifestyles; take a greater interest in each other’s health, contributing to improved wellbeing.

Being the marriage so healthy, the divorce is consequently a stressful experience, above all for women, as emerged from the study. As the matter of fact, women who divorce are 50 per cent more likely to develop heart disease in later like than those who stay married. The underlying reasons could cause physical and mental problems for a marriage break up are recognized primary into the emotional stress with also the subsequent upheaval of moving house or losing income.

On the contrary, men appear much more stronger than women. In this context, in the study emerges that they have just little effects on their possibility of developing heart problems. This result has given by the fact that women tend to value and think about themselves more in terms of family relationships, whereas men value themselves first of all in terms of their life’s work.

As the director of Family and Youth Concern, Norman Wells, suggests that marriage is more that a simple piece of paper and it brings positive benefits to all the wider society, starting from the couples themselves arriving to children.

Last edited:

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
i need some help. i'm an university student and i have some problems with writing but i can't understand my gap... i hope that someone can help me!

the title of my essay:

From [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]recent research it has emerged that a happy marriage is good for your health and can [STRIKE]up to some[/STRIKE] add years to your life. [STRIKE]In this context,[/STRIKE] Professor Robert Kaplan, who led the research, affirmed that many studies have shown that unmarried adults have a higher probability of early death than those who are married.

Basically, when you are in a relationship there is an element of social connectedness and interaction that prevent the isolation that singles have got. Taking care of someone else and living for another person who loves you[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] helps you to live longer. Also these considerations reduce stress and can aid you in dealing better with problems [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE]. People[STRIKE], [/STRIKE]who decide[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] to unite their entire life and creating a union with someone else[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] adopt healthier lifestyles; they take a greater interest in each other’s health, contributing to improved wellbeing.

[STRIKE]Being the [/STRIKE]marriage being so healthy, [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]divorce is consequently a stressful experience, above all for women, as emerged from the study. As [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a matter of fact, women who divorce are 50 per cent more likely to develop heart disease in later life than those who stay married. The underlying reasons [STRIKE]could [/STRIKE][STRIKE]for [/STRIKE]a marriage break up can cause physical and mental problems [STRIKE]are recognized primary into the[/STRIKE] is the emotional stress [STRIKE]with also the subsequent[/STRIKE]and upheaval of moving house or losing income.

On the contrary, men appear much [STRIKE]more [/STRIKE]stronger than women. [STRIKE]In this context, [/STRIKE][STRIKE]in the study [/STRIKE]It emerges in the study that they have just little effects on their possibility of developing heart problems.(I am not sure what you mean here -- do you mean "it has only a small effect on..."?) This [STRIKE]result has given by[/STRIKE]is due to the fact that women tend to value and think about themselves more in terms of family relationships, whereas men value themselves first of all in terms of their life’s work.

As the director of Family and Youth Concern, Norman Wells[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] suggests that marriage is more than a simple piece of paper and it brings positive benefits to all the wider society, starting from the couples themselves arriving to children(I am not sure what this means).

There are more changes that could be made to improve this, but this may give you a start. I have just focused on some of the major grammatical issues. Perhaps others would like to take it further. I have also removed some commas; I hope it is clear where I have done this.

1984law

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece

the title of my essay:

From a recent research has emerged that a happy marriage is good for your health and can up to some years of your life. In this context, Professor Robert Kaplan, who led the research, affirmed that a lot of studies had shown that unmarried adults have a higher probability of early death that those who are married.

Basically, when you are in a relationship there is an element of social connectedness and interaction that prevent the isolation that singles have got. Taking care of someone else and living for another person who loves you, help you to live longer. Also these considerations reduce stress and can aid you deal with problems better. People, who decided to unite their entire life and to create a union with someone else, adopt healthier lifestyles; they also take a greater interest in each other’s health, contributing to improved wellbeing.

Being the marriage so healthy, the divorce is consequently a stressful experience, above all for women, as emerged from the study. As a matter of fact, women who divorce are 50 per cent more likely to develop heart disease in later (what do you mean?) like than those who stay married. The above reasons could cause physical and mental problems for a marriage break up are recognized primary into the emotional stress with also the subsequent upheaval of moving house or losing income.
Do you mean that the most serious consequences of a divorse are physical and mental problems than the practical issues of moving house and losing part of one's income?
You have written a complicated and vague phrase.
On the contrary, men appear much more stronger than women. In this context, in the study emerges that divorce affects them less as far as heart problems. This result was extracted through the fact that women tend to value and think about themselves more in terms of family relationships, whereas men value themselves first of all in terms of their life’s work.

As the director of Family and Youth Concern, Norman Wells, suggests that marriage is more that a simple piece of paper and it brings positive benefits to the wider society, starting from the couples themselves arriving to children.
Pls find an other verb not arrive. Are you writing that a good marriage is beneficial not only for the couple but for their children too?
Hope I have been helpful:up:

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As the director of Family and Youth Concern, Norman Wells, suggests that marriage is more that a simple piece of paper and it brings positive benefits to all the wider society, starting from the couples themselves arriving to children.
Try:
The Director of Family and Youth Concern, Norman Wells, suggests that marriage is more than just a piece of paper and it brings positive benefits to society as a whole.

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Now, valflower, using the suggestions you have received here, post the revised essay in a separate posting.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.