Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hello. Would you please tell me what 'after the theater' means in this context below.
I understand the man came at a late hour, but I'm wondering if there is any other meaning.
Please help. Thank you.

------------
It was late when the solicitor arrived at Mrs. Kavanagh's.
Miss Pilpenny answered the bell.
"I do apologize. Mrs. Kavanagh did say it was permissible to come after the theater."
Miss Pilpenny nodded. "And sure it if fine and not all that late for the pair of us, now, is it?"

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello. Would you please tell me what 'after the theater' means in this context below.
I understand the man came at a late hour, but I'm wondering if there is any other meaning.
Please help. Thank you.

------------
"I do apologize. Mrs. Kavanagh did say it was permissible to come after the theater."
Miss Pilpenny nodded. "And sure it if fine and not all that late for the pair of us, now, is it?"
The caller has been to the theatre (an evening theatrical show), and has arrived late.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Please help. Thank you.

------------
Miss Pilpenny nodded. "And sure it is fine and not all that late for the pair of us, now, is it?"

Bhai.

Status
Not open for further replies.