Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
STUDY PLAN
First I would like to express my appreciation for this opportunity to apply this scholarship program. My name is XYX. I’m a 22 years old boy from Surabaya, Indonesia. I graduate in January 2017 from Petra Christian University majoring Civil Engineering, with GPA 3,49 on a 4,00 scale. My thesis is The Modification of Discrete Shear Gap Technique for Timoshenko Beam based on Kriging-Interpolation and The Formation of Triangular Macro Element for Reissner-Mindlin Plate.
Civil engineering is my biggest interest and passion. It has grown since I was a child. That time, I had the opportunity to see my house being constructed and then I told myself that I will build my own house. That’s why I choose to study civil engineering. Right now, that reason have grown bigger. In my whole time studying civil engineering, I started to like structural analysis, high-rise building, earthquake resistance and finite element analysis.
I want to continue my study in civil engineering by applying this scholarship. My purposes are to learn deeper about civil engineering especially in structural engineering, to seek experience because I want to study abroad so that I can learn their language, observe their customs and tradition. I think it will not just be an exciting experience but also something would broaden my mindset and deeper understanding towards different type of structures, analysis method, problem solving and many more. I believe the more knowledge we have, the easier we compete in the real life.
I see Taiwan and NTUST as the best way for me to fulfil my dream. Right now Taiwan and Indonesia have the same problem, that is gets attacked by earthquake. In Indonesia the earthquake zones have grown bigger. As I observe, Taiwan has excellent track records on resisting them. So I want to study in NTUST to improve my ability and learn deeper about civil engineering. Furthermore, choosing NTUST is unquestionable, because NTUST is one of the best universities in Taiwan and has also many professors and research interest in the subject that I am passionate about. I also desire to master Mandarin as the other one of languages that is used by people in many countries. By mastering the more languages, the more benefits I obtain especially for my working experience in the future.
I have so many list for my future plan. My purpose is to use my knowledge to help each other and contribute my knowledge to the society. So, after I finished my study in NTUST and hold master degree, I want to work in Taiwan to gain invaluable experience for 2-3 years. Then I want to pursue a higher degree, and get the doctoral degree. If I have the opportunity, I think I will continue my study in NTUST. Next, I plan to return in my country, join Indonesian Society of Civil and Structural Engineers, and become lecturer, researcher and professional engineer.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
STUDY PLAN
First, I would like to express my appreciation for this opportunity to apply for this scholarship program. My name is XYX. I am 22 years old, [STRIKE]boy[/STRIKE] and I come from Surabaya, Indonesia. I graduated in January 2017, from Petra Christian University, majoring in civil engineering, with a GPA of 3,49 on a 4,00 scale. My thesis is entitled The Modification of Discrete Shear Gap Technique for Timoshenko Beam based on Kriging-Interpolation and The Formation of Triangular Macro Element for Reissner-Mindlin Plate.

Civil engineering is my [STRIKE]biggest interest and[/STRIKE] passion, and I've been interested in engineering [STRIKE]It has grown[/STRIKE] since I was a child. At that time, I had the opportunity to see my parents' house being constructed, and that captured my imagination. [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] I told myself that I will build my own house one day. That’s why I've chosen to study civil engineering. [STRIKE]Right now, that reason have grown bigger. In my whole time[/STRIKE] While studying civil engineering, I started to like structural analysis, high-rise buildings, earthquake resistance and finite element analysis.

I want to continue my study in civil engineering by applying for this scholarship. My [STRIKE]purposes[/STRIKE] goals are to [STRIKE]learn deeper about[/STRIKE] gain in-depth knowledge in civil engineering, especially in structural engineering, and to [STRIKE]seek[/STRIKE] experience [STRIKE]because I want to[/STRIKE] studying abroad so that I can learn [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] a new language, and observe [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] the culture, customs and traditions. I think it will not just be an exciting experience but also something that would broaden my mindset and provide me with a deeper understanding [STRIKE]towards[/STRIKE] of different type of structures, analysis methods, problem-solving approaches and [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] more. I believe the more knowledge we have, the [STRIKE]easier[/STRIKE] the more likely we are [STRIKE]compete[/STRIKE] to succeed in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] real life.

I see Taiwan and NTUST as the best way for me to fulfill my dream. [STRIKE]Right now[/STRIKE] Taiwan and Indonesia [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] share the same problem [STRIKE], that is[/STRIKE] of getting [STRIKE]attacked[/STRIKE] struck by earthquakes. In Indonesia, the earthquake zones have grown bigger. As I observe, Taiwan has an excellent track record [STRIKE]on resisting[/STRIKE] of weathering such events. [STRIKE]them.[/STRIKE] So I want to study in NTUST to improve my [STRIKE]ability[/STRIKE] knowledge of earthquakes and learn [STRIKE]deeper[/STRIKE] more about how civil engineering can help reduce the damage they cause. Furthermore, [STRIKE]choosing NTUST is unquestionable, because[/STRIKE] NTUST is one of the best universities in Taiwan and has also many professors [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] doing research [STRIKE]interest in[/STRIKE] on the subject that I am passionate about. I also desire to master Mandarin as an important global language of business and science. [STRIKE]the other one of languages that is used by people in many countries. By mastering the more languages, the more benefits I obtain especially for my working experience in the future.[/STRIKE]
I have several goals and aspirations. [STRIKE]so many list for my future plan. My purpose is[/STRIKE] I intend to use my knowledge to help [STRIKE]each other[/STRIKE] people in my country and contribute my knowledge to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] society. So, after I finish my study [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at NTUST and [STRIKE]hold[/STRIKE] get my master's degree, I want to work in Taiwan to gain [STRIKE]invaluable[/STRIKE] practical experience for 2-3 years. Then I want to pursue a PhD. [STRIKE]higher degree, and get the doctoral degree.[/STRIKE] If I have the opportunity, I would like to do that at [STRIKE]think I will continue my study in[/STRIKE] NTUST. [STRIKE]Next,[/STRIKE] Afterwards, I plan to return [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to my country, join the Indonesian Society of Civil and Structural Engineers, and become a lecturer, researcher and professional engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.