Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi everyone! :-D

I am applying to the Erasmus Program and I have to do a cover letter in English. I would love someone to check it as it was really hard to me to write it. This is the first time I am writting a letter in English and I think it is very bad :cry:

Thank you very much!:up:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Iam 22 years old, and currently in my second year of studying foreignlanguages (English and Spanish) at the University... in...

Iam pleased to write to you to express my interest in participating inthe Erasmus programme to study abroad as an exchange student / toapply for the Erasmus programme for the 2018-2019 academic year. Iwould very much appreciate being able to spend a year at one of theEnglish universities, in particular at the University of Manchester.

Aftermy degree, I would like to pursue my studies in the master's degreeInternational Communication of Companies and Administrations. TheUniversity of Manchester seems to me the perfect place as it offershigh-quality courses which are fully coherent with my careerobjectives. I could attend courses on International Law, (on)business courses or (on) strategy. This year abroad could be a greatopportunity to continue improving my written and spoken English andexpanding my social circle.

Froma more personal point of view, I would love to discover Manchester.It's a city with a great cultural wealth and it enjoys an excellentlocation. I also plan to get involved in the / to throw myself intothe student and sport life and the University offers a wide range ofclubs.

Moreover,this year, I have an au pair in London for six months. That was avery rewarding experience. I have learned more about the Englishculture, I could explore London, I have grown in maturity and I havebecome more independent. That is why I would love have a newopportunity to come back in this country for which I have a deepaffection.

Iwish to thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yoursfaithfully,

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everyone! :-D

I am applying to the Erasmus Program and I have to do a cover letter in English. I would love someone to check it as it was really hard [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for me to write it. This is the first time I [STRIKE]am writting[/STRIKE] have written a letter in English and I think it is very bad. :cry:

[STRIKE]Thank you very much!:up:[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you by clickng on the "Thank" button.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Iam 22 years old, and currently in my second year of studying foreignlanguages (English and Spanish) at the University... in...

Iam pleased to write to you to express my interest in participating inthe Erasmus programme to study abroad as an exchange student / toapply for the Erasmus programme for the 2018-2019 academic year. Iwould very much appreciate being able to spend a year at one of theEnglish universities, in particular at the University of Manchester.

Aftermy degree, I would like to pursue my studies in the master's degreeInternational Communication of Companies and Administrations. TheUniversity of Manchester seems to me the perfect place as it offershigh-quality courses which are fully coherent with my careerobjectives. I could attend courses on International Law, (on)business courses or (on) strategy. This year abroad could be a greatopportunity to continue improving my written and spoken English andexpanding my social circle.

Froma more personal point of view, I would love to discover Manchester.It's a city with a great cultural wealth and it enjoys an excellentlocation. I also plan to get involved in the / to throw myself intothe student and sport life and the University offers a wide range ofclubs.

Moreover,this year, I have an au pair in London for six months. That was avery rewarding experience. I have learned more about the Englishculture, I could explore London, I have grown in maturity and I havebecome more independent. That is why I would love have a newopportunity to come back in this country for which I have a deepaffection.

Iwish to thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yoursfaithfully,

Please note that copying and pasting your text has resulted in lots of missing spaces. Please use the "Edit Post" function to add those spaces, then click "Save".

enagem23

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Please note that copying and pasting your text has resulted in lots of missing spaces. Please use the "Edit Post" function to add those spaces, then click "Save".

Hi,

I have no idea what happened with my letter when I posted it.... here is a new version. :)

I am 22 years old, and currently in my second year of studying foreign languages (English and Spanish) at the University... in...
I am pleased to write to you to express my interest in participating in the Erasmus programme to study abroad as an exchange student / to apply for the Erasmus programme for the 2018-2019 academic year. I would very much appreciate being able to spend a year at one of the English universities, in particular at the University of Manchester.

After my degree, I would like to pursue my studies in the master's degree International Communication of Companies and Administrations. The University of Manchester seems to me the perfect place as it offers high-quality courses which are fully coherent with my career objectives. I could attend courses on International Law, (on) business courses or (on) strategy. This year abroad could be a great opportunity to continue improving my written and spoken English and expanding my social circle.

From a more personal point of view, I would love to discover Manchester. It's a city with a great cultural wealth and it enjoys an excellent location. I also plan to get involved in the / to throw myself into the student and sport life and the University offers a wide range of clubs.

Moreover, this year, I have an au pair in London for six months. That was a very rewarding experience. I have learned more about the English culture, I could explore London, I have grown in maturity and I have become more independent. That is why I would love have a new opportunity to come back in this country for which I have a deep affection.

I wish to thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited by a moderator:

enagem23

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi,

Really sorry, I did not notice your note "Please note that copying (...) then click "Save" for my first post.

Someone to check my letter ?
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.