Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
How could I make the following paragraph sound natural?

When it comes to popular Taiwanese food, what comes into your mind? You might think of braised pork rice, oyster omelet, or slack season danzai noodles. In my opinion, bubble tea is the most popular Taiwanese food because it is representative of the "QQ" food texture that Taiwanese love. Furthermore, foreign tourists are attracted to have it a try out of admiration for its delicacy and taste when they visit Taiwan.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
When it comes to popular Taiwanese food, what [STRIKE]comes into your[/STRIKE] springs to mind? You might think of braised pork rice, oyster omelet, or slack season danzai noodles. In my opinion, bubble tea is the most popular Taiwanese food because it is representative of the "QQ" food texture that Taiwanese love. Furthermore, foreign tourists are [STRIKE]attracted to have it a[/STRIKE] interested in trying [STRIKE]out of admiration for[/STRIKE] its delicacy and taste when they visit Taiwan.
I don't understand the bit in blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
While there is a huge range of textures that are celebrated in Taiwan, springy is ideal in foods like fish cakes and mochi. A food with the right “Q” factor isn’t too soft or bouncy, but rather slightly firm and a little springy. We usually liken the “Q” texture to "a marshmallow or a good-quality gummy worm." (Quoted from The Food Of Taiwan, food writer Cathy Erway)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.