Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I found this sentence on the internet "Deep in the middle of the brain are sections that control emotions"
It seems that "Deep in the middle of the brain" works as a noun, but what part of speech is the word "deep" in that phrase ? I can't configure out that that phrase is something can be a subject in a sentence. Or the subject here is "the middle of the brain" and "Deep in" works as an adverb ?
Please help me!
Thank you very much !

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I found this sentence on the internet "Deep in the middle of the brain are sections that control emotions"
It seems that "Deep in the middle of the brain" works as a noun, but what part of speech is the word "deep" in that phrase ? I can't configure out that that phrase is something can be a subject in a sentence. Or the subject here is "the middle of the brain" and "Deep in" works as an adverb ?
Please help me!
Thank you very much !
"Sections that control emotions (subject) are (verb) deep in the middle of the brain."
Where are the sections that control emotions?
Does that help?

Similar:
Far away on a lonely hilltop sits a house.
High above the clouds in the sky shone a rainbow.

crazYgeeK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
"Sections that control emotions (subject) are (verb) deep in the middle of the brain."
Where are the sections that control emotions?
Does that help?

Similar:
Far away on a lonely hilltop sits a house.
High above the clouds in the sky shone a rainbow.

Thank you so much. Do you mean my sentence is inverted from the normal sentence ? What is the effect of this way of writing ?
Thank you !

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thank you so much. Do you mean my sentence is inverted from the normal sentence ? What is the effect of this way of writing ?
Thank you !
It's inverted from my sentences, but not from normal. The meanings are similar (at least the relations don't change) - If the sections that control emotions are deep in the brain, then deep in the brain are sections that control emotions. The focus changes, but the fact remains the same.

I have only change the order to (hopefully) make the grammar a little clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.