Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Would anyone be kind enough to check the following paragraph for me? Thanks!

McDonald's stationed in Taiwan since January 28, 1984,Taiwan's first McDonald's was set up on Minsheng East Road, then it has changed the food culture in Taiwan. It has also attracted the attention of public concern and academia. There are a lot of dissertations about McDonald's as a research object, roughly divided into three orientations:economic strategy, customers, and development of time and space.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Would anyone be kind enough to check the following paragraph for me? Thanks!

McDonald's stationed in Taiwan since January 28, 1984,Taiwan's first McDonald's was set up on Minsheng East Road, then it has changed the food culture in Taiwan. It has also attracted the attention of public concern and academia. There are a lot of dissertations about McDonald's as a research object, roughly divided into three orientations:economic strategy, customers, and development of time and space.

I've identified the areas that need changing. I don't konw what you mean about "the development of time and space."

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
A teacher has corrected the paragraph as written.

McDonald's has been in Taiwan since January 28, 1984, when the first branch was set up on Minsheng East Road. It has changed the food culture in Taiwan. It has also attracted public concern and the attention of academia. There are a lot of research dissertations about McDonald's, focusing on the three main aspects of economic strategy, customers, and development of time and space.

However, he also has no idea what 'development of time and space' means.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's your essay. What did you mean by "time and space"?

I didn't noctice the comma after 1984, so I'm glad the teacher caught that.

You say it has "attracted public concern" (a phrase I don't find natural) but you don't say what the public is concerned about.

People have actually written their doctoral dissertations on McDonald's customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.