Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
hello!:)

I am applying for scholarship for my master degree and I have been asked to write the reasons that made me choose this particular program...
here is the text:

"Ιn Greece there isn't any first academic degree regarding Sign Language Interpreting.

The current communication needs of the Deaf are being served by some experienced sign language interpreters. However, these interpreters don’t have the theoretical background that is needed in many cases. It’s worth mentioning here that experience is gained through years of practicing and after many mistakes during the interpreting process. Consequently this experience is gained through the tolerance of the Deaf community that has to be patient until its communication needs in personal and other issues (e.g. in medical and law field) are met.

I have been working for 12 years in a private school that teaches GSL, as a secretary and interpreter for the Deaf owners of the school. That experience combined with my cooperation with the Hellenic Federation of the Deaf made me realize the needs for more academic interpretation services. Needs that are met by the master program that I have been accepted to.Research skills, further professional development, learning by and being acquainted to experienced professors and colleagues from all over Europe and USA are some of the skills that I hope to obtain through this program"

can you please correct the possible grammatical and syntactic mistakes?:?::roll:

thank you in advance!!:-D

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
hello!:)

I am applying for scholarship for my master degree and I have been asked to write the reasons that made me choose this particular program...
here is the text:

"Ιn Greece there isn't any first academic degree [STRIKE] regarding[/STRIKE] for Sign Language Interpreting.

The current communication needs of the deaf are being served by some experienced sign language interpreters. However, these interpreters don’t have the theoretical background that is needed in many cases for total support. [STRIKE] It’s [/STRIKE] (Avoid contractions in formal documents/correspondence) It is worth mentioning here that experience is gained through years of [STRIKE] practicing [/STRIKE] practice and after many mistakes during the interpreting process. Consequently, this experience is gained through [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] a tolerance of the deaf community's total needs that [STRIKE] has to be patient [/STRIKE] requires a high degree of patience until its communication needs in personal and other issues (e.g. in medical and law field) are met.

I have been working for 12 years in a private school that teaches GSL, (? spell it out, then put abbreviation in parentheses) as a secretary and interpreter for the deaf owners of the school. That experience combined with my cooperation with the Hellenic Federation of the Deaf made me realize the needs for more academic interpretation services; needs that are met by the master program [STRIKE] that [/STRIKE] into which I have been accepted [STRIKE] to [/STRIKE].[STRIKE] Research skills, further professional development, learning by and being acquainted to experienced professors and colleagues from all over Europe and USA are some of the skills that I hope to obtain through this program" [/STRIKE] I would hope with this program to improve my research skills and, in general, expand my professional development through my study with experienced professors from all over Europe and the USA

can you please correct the possible grammatical and syntactic mistakes?:?::roll:

thank you in advance!!:-D

Suggestions. Good luck.

MARIA DELIOU

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
wow!!!:angel::angel:

that was really quick!!It saved me a lot of anxiety!!thank you very much!!:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.