Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello dear teachers

i don't understand the parts in bold, would you help me out?

Epic Games isn't presumptuous enough to draw up its ideal specs from the next PlayStation and Xbox, but it knows one thing: it wants more memory.

The tech and software firm has been very vocal in recent months about its desire for the industry's next-gen machines to match top-end PCs.

It was a point driven home by its astounding Samaritan demo at GDC in March, which showcased Unreal Engine 3's new DX-11-compatible capabilities. If you haven't seen it yet, we very much recommend you do so now.

Thanks

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
Hello dear teachers

i don't understand the parts in bold, would you help me out?

Epic Games isn't presumptuous enough to draw up its ideal specs from the next PlayStation and Xbox, but it knows one thing: it wants more memory.

The tech and software firm has been very vocal in recent months about its desire for the industry's next-gen machines to match top-end PCs.

It was a point driven home by its astounding Samaritan demo at GDC in March, which showcased Unreal Engine 3's new DX-11-compatible capabilities. If you haven't seen it yet, we very much recommend you do so now.

Thanks
A few minutes with our friend Google turned up this.:) GDC 2011: Video of DX11 Samaritan Demo from Epic Games | PhysXInfo.com - PhysX News

Hedwig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
As to the other question, I think it means that this point (i.e. the desire for the industry's next-gen machines to match top-end PCs.) is made clear by the demo and its outstanding capabilities.

Not a teacher

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The world of IT is particularly prone to using expressions like 'DX-11-compatible capabilities'

capabilities - it can do stuff

DX-11-compatible - among the things it can do, it can run software initially designed to run on the DX-11 (presumably, that was the previous generation of hardware)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.