Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
Pets should be treated like family members
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Generally, there are lots of people that keep animals. They take pets with themselves to everywhere they go, feed them and take care of them. Nowadays that attitude toward domestic animal is acceptable by generation. Dog and cat is being kept mostly by humans. The animals are accepted member of family. I agree with that notion. There are several reasons that support my preference.
First and foremost, animals have been playing great role in our life since early times. Meat, milk, leather was given to us by domestic animals. Without animals our lives would be difficult. All those goods that was given by domestic animals were very important for us. Even nowadays they play great role in the village life. For instance, I can write about my uncle who is farmer in the country. He has lots of sheep, cows and other animals. He send milk and leather to market to be sold.
The other reason is protection. Family members have to protect each other from danger. Animal is great tool in doing that function. Dogs and eagles always take care of us security. Those animals mostly used in catching offenders and haunting of other animals. Specifically, police officers use dogs in finding drugs and weapons. Dogs have sensitive organ in their mouse that is sensitive to the dangerous tools. For example, I heard last time dogs caught geroin in the luggage of passenger in the airport.
In conclusion, I want to state that humans should take care of pets. It we pay attention to them they will answer to us with the same level. They should be respected and accounted as family members. I know also the persons that do not think like me. Every person has its own idea. Pets should be treated like family members
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Generally, there are lots of people that keep animals. They take pets with themselves to everywhere they go, feed them and take care of them. Nowadays that attitude toward domestic animal is acceptable by generation. Dog and cat is being kept mostly by humans. The animals are accepted member of family. I agree with that notion. There are several reasons that support my preference.
First and foremost, animals have been playing great role in our life since early times. Meat, milk, leather was given to us by domestic animals. Without animals our lives would be difficult. All those goods that was given by domestic animals were very important for us. Even nowadays they play great role in the village life. For instance, I can write about my uncle who is farmer in the country. He has lots of sheep, cows and other animals. He send milk and leather to market to be sold.
The other reason is protection. Family members have to protect each other from danger. Animal is great tool in doing that function. Dogs and eagles always take care of us security. Those animals mostly used in catching offenders and haunting of other animals. Specifically, police officers use dogs in finding drugs and weapons. Dogs have sensitive organ in their mouse that is sensitive to the dangerous tools. For example, I heard last time dogs caught geroin in the luggage of passenger in the airport.
In conclusion, I want to state that humans should take care of pets. It we pay attention to them they will answer to us with the same level. They should be respected and accounted as family members. I know also the persons that do not think like me. Every person has its own idea.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When are you going to submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Either way, note that the animals we breed for eating or for their skins are not usually considered "pets." Raising an animal for meat and leather is not the same as having a pet. The first part of your argument is flawed -- your essay should be about pets, not whether domesticated animals are beneficial. Second, while the officers who take care of their dog partners often develop deep bonds with their dogs, they are also not "pets" - they are working animals. A dog that finds heroin in a suitcase is not an argument for treating your cat like a family member.

I suspect you have never had a pet because you have completely omitted any sense of love that people feel for their pets. This will be a difficult essay for you because you seem to know nothing about the subject.

Shukur.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
I send one copy to the teacher.she will also check essay.

Shukur.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
thanks for comment.yes I have never had pet

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I will send one copy to the teacher. She will also check the essay.

Thanks for the/your comment. Yes, I have never had a pet.

Shukur., please follow the rules of written English all the time:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
After your teacher has seen it, if he or she has made comments you don't understand, you can ask us about them.

Perhaps you should have argued the other point - that animals are for helping us and providing us with food and goods, and that while we should treat them humanely, we should not confuse a pet with a child. That would be more in keeping with your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.