Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Thanks for any help!

Dear Martha,
Thanks a lot for your letter. It was lovely to hear from You again!
I’m writing to give You a brief description of the holiday You asked about.
The company I went with organises walking trips in different parts of the world. I decided to go for a five-day walking trip in Israel, even though it was quite expensive.
I must admit I wasn’t fully prepared for such an excruciating effort. I didn’t expect it would be that hard! Sometimes I struggled to keep up with the rest of the people in the group. However, there were some amazingly beautiful sceneries on the way that certainly made up for the effort. The people I walked with were nice as well as our really knowledgeable guide who was so ‘deft’ that he got us lost a few times on the way. We found it to be quite amusing though. We had some really great food on the way. Having the chance to try the local cuisine was one of the best parts of the trip. The worst moment of the trip was the last day. It turned out that the hotel was not ready for us when we got there! Fortunately, everything was sorted out eventually.
To sum up, I must say I really enjoyed that holiday. It was a great and memorable experience, despite a few organisational flaws and the overall cost of it. If you are short on money at the moment, I recommend You put it off. And if You decide to do it, make sure You prepare a little for the walk before You go. You may be really surprised how strenuous it is.
Love,

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for any help!

Dear Martha,
Thanks a lot for your letter. It was lovely to hear from You again!
I’m writing to give You a brief description of the holiday You asked about.
The company I went with organises walking trips in different parts of the world. I decided to go for a five-day walking trip in Israel, even though it was quite expensive.
I must admit I wasn’t fully prepared for such an excruciating effort. I didn’t expect it would be that hard! Sometimes I struggled to keep up with the rest of the people in the group. However, there were some amazingly beautiful sceneries on the way that certainly made up for the effort. The people I walked with were nice as well as our really knowledgeable guide who was so ‘deft’ that he got us lost a few times on the way. We found it to be quite amusing though. We had some really great food on the way. Having the chance to try the local cuisine was one of the best parts of the trip. The worst moment of the trip was the last day. It turned out that the hotel was not ready for us when we got there! Fortunately, everything was sorted out eventually.
To sum up, I must say I really enjoyed that holiday. It was a great and memorable experience, despite a few organisational flaws and the overall cost of it. If you are short on money at the moment, I recommend You put it off. And if You decide to do it, make sure You prepare a little for the walk before You go. You may be really surprised how strenuous it is.
Love,
Don't capitalize "you." "Scenery" is not countable."Excruitiating" might be too strong a word. Otherwise a very good job.

leszkoss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
That was a quick response. Thanks a lot Barb_D!

Status
Not open for further replies.