Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*********************************************************************************************

Since the Meteor strike, hunting near the valley was poor. So, hunting parties decided to leave a ten-kilometre swath of unhunted grounds around the valley for twelve months in the hope of speeding up the return of said wildlife. Hunting was much harder, but in the end, it would prove to be worth it.

Gan and Jingying soon set out towards their old home with about twenty volunteers, including Bailian, Gan’s runner during the evacuation. Bailian had never left the valley except for the time in the cave during the meteor strike. So she was eager for a chance to explore outside the valley even farther.

Bailian was from a farming family; her father had never put her to work on the farm itself but used her to run messages to and from her mother; when not running, she had taught herself to cultivate flowers and new varieties of vegetables and fruits. The running skills had, of course, developed from her job as a message carrier.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*********************************************************************************************

Since the meteor strike, hunting near the valley had been poor. So, hunting parties decided to leave a ten-kilometre swath of unhunted grounds around the valley for twelve months in the hope of speeding up the return of [STRIKE]said[/STRIKE] wildlife. Hunting was much harder, but in the end, it would prove to be worth it.

Gan and Jingying soon set out towards their old home with about twenty volunteers, including Bailian, Gan’s runner during the evacuation. Bailian had never left the valley except for the time in the cave during the meteor strike. So she was eager for a chance to explore outside the valley even farther.

Bailian was from a farming family; her father had never put her to work on the farm itself but used her to run messages to and from her mother; when not running, she had taught herself to cultivate flowers and new varieties of vegetables and fruits. The running skills had, of course, developed from her job as a message carrier.

That's an unusual group of people.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
[FONT=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, segoe ui, Roboto, helvetica neue, Arial, noto sans, liberation sans, sans-serif, apple color emoji, segoe ui emoji, segoe ui symbol, noto color emoji]I wouldn't use a second semi-colon in the last paragraph.[/FONT]

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Here are some tips on the use of multiple semi-colons in a sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Taking a second look, I wouldn't use any semicolons in that paragraph. Perhaps:

Bailian was from a farming family. Her father had never put her to work on the farm, but instead he used her to run messages to and from her mother. When she wasn't running she taught herself to cultivate flowers and new varieties of fruits and vegetables. The running skills had, of course, developed from her job as a message carrier.

It seems like a very unlikely story, but it is fiction after all.

Tom Carter

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Sorry, I'm on the forum recently. And I noticed that there are often topics where they check for grammar and spelling. I'm also writing an essay now, and I'm not a native speaker, I'm just learning. So he himself ordered several times from Eduzaurus - guidance, writing inspiration supportive materials, and proofreading of the text. But here they can do it for free ?? How long can a text be sent for such proofreading? I will be very grateful to you for your answer.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I regret to say, Tom, that I can't understand exactly what your question is. It might help if you restated it. Try using short simple sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.