Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Luxembourg
Current Location
UK
Hi hello eveyone¡¡
could anyone to help me with this text?

So we looked around and we thought, well, what we want to try to encourage is for this concept of portability between your own infrastructure, provider and between multiple providers. And we actually came up with what we call the three rules of happy cloud computing in honour of Isaac Asimov, which was (1) whatever I do I run on my own infrastructure, (2) easy switching between myself and a provider, (3) easy switching between providers. Now for this to happen you basically need three things: you need choice in providers, easy switching and standard outputs. I mean, that’s common in the electricity industry. So we looked at the infrastructure layout and the most prominent de facto standard was Amazon EC2. So our approach was to look for an open source implementation of that API and this was a group called Eucalyptus from the University College of Santa Barbara. And they’ve created a system which enables you to build your own private cloud which matches the Amazon EC2 API, and they do track the EC2 API as it changes. And they also include other services such as the storage equivalents, which are known as S3, and something called elastic block storage as well. And so we decided to take that system and bring it into the Ubuntu distribution. So that we’ve been working with them for about five months to make the process of installing, setting up and building your own private cloud fairly simple, because that way you can build your own cloud and it gives you the opportunity to go from your own to burst to a public cloud and to get comfortable with these concepts of cloud computing.

Which layer of the computer stack did Canonical (Wardley's company) decide to focus on?

Select one:
infrastructure layer
presentation layer
platform layer
application layer

I think the right answer is infrastructure but I ´am not sure:shock:

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello Dear Theou,
Welcome!
Please be more careful about what you write. I'm either a learner, but the teachers are very alert to our mistakes here. They even pay a close attention to punctuation and capitalization.
I'm sorry; I don't know your answer, but you can try this:

Could anyone help me with this text? (Don't use "to" after modal verbs.)
I think the right answer is "infrastructure", but I'm not sure. (Use punctuation.)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
However, they are looking at an open source Application program interface that incorporates the Amazon infrastructure standards that they can use on Ubuntu. The aim is to make building your own cloud easy, which sounds like an application to run on your infrastructure, so I think it may be the application layer, but I am not familiar with the ins and outs of technology at this level. Let's see what more technically proficient people have to say.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please be more careful about what you write. I'm [STRIKE]either[/STRIKE] also a learner, but the teachers are very alert to our mistakes here. They even pay [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] [delete] close attention to punctuation and capitalization.
I'm sorry; I don't know [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] the answer, but you can try this:

Could anyone help me with this text? (Don't use "to" after modal verbs.)
I think the right answer is "infrastructure", but I'm not sure. (Use punctuation.)
Corrected as requested.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello Dear Theou,
Welcome!
Please be more careful about what you write. I'm also a learner, but the teachers are very alert to our mistakes here. They even pay a close attention to punctuation and capitalization. . . .

You know us too well, Narkises! We don't just want you all to speak and write English. We want you to do it well!

Yes, welcome Theou!

Status
Not open for further replies.