A Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnq

Member Type
Student or Learner
This is my second writing in the forum. I expect the comment on sentence structure and grammar of the writing. I would like to thank you in advance.

Cell Phone
We can't underestimate the role of cell phone in our daily life. The cell phone has really changed our life style and it makes our life convenient and qualitative. If you miss your friend and want to in touch with them, just pick up your cell and dial the number, you will get your friend at your disposal. If you are going to attend a program and got struck in the traffic then you can inform the situation to organizer using your cell phone. All these scenarios reveal the importance of cell phone. The cell phone not only facilitates the city life but also makes country's life easier. I would like to describe a situation here. A farmer has some buffaloes. One day some buffaloes were missed while he was taking them for grazing. He immediately called people in his neighboring village and described about his buffaloes. Luckily, the buffaloes were passing by that village. A person whom the farmer called has restrained the buffaloes and finally the farmer took them to his house. This anecdote illustrates how cell phone is helping in rural life too. In conclusion, technology has made our life a better place to live and we need to greet those who have spent their life to make the things in present state.

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
***neither a teacher nor a native speaker***

This is my second writing in the forum. I expect the comment on sentence structure and grammar of the writing. I would like to thank you in advance.

Cell Phone
We can't underestimate the role of cell phones in our daily [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] lives. [STRIKE]The c[/STRIKE]Cell phones have really changed our life style and [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE]they make[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] our [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE]lives more [STRIKE]convenient[/STRIKE]comfortable and more qualit[STRIKE]ative[/STRIKE]y. If you miss your friend and want to in touch with them, just pick up your cell and dial the number, you will get your friend at your disposal. If you are going to attend a program and got struck in the traffic then you can inform the situation to the organizer, using your cell phone. All these scenarioes reveal the importance of a cell phone(or cell phones). [STRIKE]The c[/STRIKE]Cell phones not only facilitate[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]city[/STRIKE] life in the city but also makes the[STRIKE] country's[/STRIKE] life in the country easier. I would like to describe a situation here(areal one or an imaginary one?).(If you are to describe an imaginary one , then start with "Let's say") A farmer has some buffaloes. One day some buffaloes [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE]went miss[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE]ing while he was taking them for grazing. He immediately called people in his neighbouring village and described [STRIKE]about [/STRIKE]his buffaloes. Luckily, the buffaloes that thought to be missing were passing by that village. A person whom the farmer called has restrained the buffaloes and finally the farmer came to take [STRIKE]took [/STRIKE]them to his [STRIKE]house[/STRIKE]ranch. This anecdote illustrates how cell phones [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE]may help[STRIKE]ing [/STRIKE] in rural life [STRIKE]too[/STRIKE] just like they do in that of the city. In conclusion, the cell phone technology has made our li[STRIKE]fe[/STRIKE][STRIKE]ves[/STRIKE] a better place to live and we need to [STRIKE]greet[/STRIKE]salute those who have spent their li[STRIKE]fe [/STRIKE]ves to make [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]things [STRIKE]in present state[/STRIKE]easier for us .

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Cell Phone
The cell phone has really changed our lifestyle and it makes our lives convenient.
This usage of "The cell phone has ..." rather than "Cell phones have ..." is OK.
R.

Status
Not open for further replies.