Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Good evening !

Please correct my description, I'll appreciate if you can help me.

Quote:
My room is medium-sized and a good place for relaxation I have a cream fluffy carpet, laminated floor and bright white walls.The lighting in my room is dim, but it counteracts the brightness of the walls.
All the furnishings, the lamp and the blinds are pale orange,
I have a double bed in the middle of the room with a wardrobe on one side where I keep my clothes.
In the opposite corner with the wardrobe is my desk, where I have the PC and many other multimedia stuff.Near my desk, I have a TV stand with a slim fit TV on it, a TV receiver and in the drawers a collecton of PC magazines.
On the walls is an tiger canvas, a few bands posters, a clock a thermometer and an icon.
The windows are directed to the north east side so in the morning you can see the magnificent rise of the sun and during the rest of the day the room is comprised by shadow.

Thank you very much !

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There is no description to correct!

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Sorry :D
This is:

My room is medium-sized and a good place for relaxation I have a cream fluffy carpet, laminated floor and bright white walls.The lighting in my room is dim, but it counteracts the brightness of the walls.
I have a double bed in the middle of the room with a wardrobe on one side where I keep my clothes.
In the opposite corner with the wardrobe is my desk, where I have the PC and many other multimedia stuff.Near my desk, I have a TV stand with a slim fit TV on it, a TV receiver and in the drawers a collecton of PC magazines.
On the walls is an tiger canvas, a few bands posters, a clock a thermometer and an icon.
The windows are directed to the north east side so in the morning you can see the magnificent rise of the sun and during the rest of the day the room is comprised by shadow.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think something strange has happened to the formatting as the line breaks are in strange places. Can you re-post it so that it has paragraph breaks where you actually want them (and also make sure there is a space after each full stop!)

You can just go back to your post and edit it, instead of typing it all in again.

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
I don't understend exactly what you mean.

---------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't understand exactly what you mean.
It's OK - that's sorted out now.
---------------------------------------

My room is medium-sized and is a good place for relaxation. I have a cream fluffy ("fluffy cream" sounds better) carpet, a laminated floor and bright white walls. (space required after full stop) The lighting in my room is dim (no comma required) but it counteracts the brightness of the walls.

All the furnishings, the lamp and the blinds are pale orange.

I have a double bed in the middle of the room with a wardrobe on one side (on one side of the bed or on one side of the room?) where I keep my clothes.

In the opposite (opposite to what?) corner with the wardrobe is my desk, where I have the PC and [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] a lot of other multimedia stuff. (space required after full stop) Near my desk, I have a TV stand with a [STRIKE]slim fit[/STRIKE] flat panel TV on it, a TV receiver and [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] some drawers containing a collecton of PC magazines.

On the walls [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] a tiger canvas, a few band[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] posters, a clock, a thermometer and an icon.

The windows [STRIKE]are directed to the north east side[/STRIKE] face north-east so in the morning you can see the magnificent [STRIKE]rise of the sun[/STRIKE] sunrise and during the rest of the day the room is [STRIKE]comprised by [/STRIKE]in shadow.
--------------------------------------

See above.

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Great :D Thank you very much!
------------------------------------
In the opposite
(opposite to what?)
corner with the wardrobe is my desk
34eq1j5.png
I wanted to say that the wardrobe and the desk are 'on diagonal'
One more question:
It's ok if I say:
All the furnishings, the lamp and the blinds are pale orange so the predominant colors are open and warmth (or what adjectives can I use to desscribe the colors ?)

Thank you again!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Great :D Thank you very much!
------------------------------------
In the opposite
(opposite to what?)
corner with the wardrobe is my desk
View attachment 1256
I wanted to say that the wardrobe and the desk are 'on diagonal'
One more question:
It's ok if I say:
All the furnishings, the lamp and the blinds are pale orange so the predominant colors are open and warmth (or what adjectives can I use to desscribe the colors ?)

Thank you again!

The desk and the wardrobe are diagonally opposite each other.
I wouldn't describe any colour as "open". Personally, I also wouldn't describe a combination of white and pale orange as warm (not warmth) either. White and pale orange suggest "fresh" to me.

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Ok, thanks.
The last question :-D :

It's correct of i say:

All the furnishings, the lamp, which has a big fan great ( or another adjective here ) for hot/warm days and the blinds are pale orange.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ok, thanks.

[STRIKE]It's[/STRIKE] Is it correct [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] if I say:

All the furnishings, the lamp, which has a big fan great ( or another adjective here ) for hot/warm days and the blinds are pale orange.

Your lamp has a big fan? I don't understand.

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Like this one:
China_fan_lamp20094161522488.jpg

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ok, thanks.

It's correct of i say:

The thing you posted a photo of is a "combination light and ceiling fan". If the one you have is pale orange then you can say:

All the furnishings, the blinds and the combination light and ceiling fan (which is great for hot days), are pale orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.