Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello. I have to write a motivational letter to apply for a bachelor program in one of the European universities. I would appreciate if you could check my letter and correct the mistakes. Thanks in advance

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is *** ***. I am a 19-year-old student at ***, studying Management in Show Business in my second semester. I would like to apply for a place in your university to study Media and Entertainment Management.

First of all, studying abroad would be a great opportunity for me to receive the necessary knowledge and experience for my future job in Music Management. The fact that the university is provided with practice facilities with an in-house media production company is very important for me as I consider practical trainings to be necessary to acquire the theoretical knowledge. Furthermore, paid internship during the last year makes this studying program even more attractive for me.

On the other side, studying in a different country would help me to improve my English and learn Dutch, because the best way to learn languages is through talking to native speakers. In addition, I would get a chance to learn more about Dutch culture and customs.

I’ve chosen Media and Entertainment Management because I’ve been interested in different kinds of media and entertainment, especially music, since the early childhood. It’s always been my dream to work in music industry and I hope that studying in *** University will help me to achieve my aim.

I consider myself to be a motivated and open-minded person. I like to explore unknown areas of knowledge, develop and improve my skills. I can speak Ukrainian and Russian fluently, also I’m working on improving my English every day and starting to learn Dutch.

I’m an optimistic, communicative, creative, reliable and responsible person. My interests include travelling, making photographs, going to concerts and theatre performances and meeting new people from all around the world.

Thank you for considering my request.

Yours faithfully,

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello. I have to write a motivational letter to apply for a bachelor program in one of the European universities. I would appreciate if you could check my letter and correct the mistakes. Thanks in advance

[FONT=&quot] Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is *** ***. I am a 19-year-old student at ***, studying Management in Show Business in my second semester. I would like to apply for a place in your university to study Media and Entertainment Management.

First [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]of all [/FONT][/STRIKE], studying abroad would be a great opportunity for me to receive the necessary knowledge and experience for my future job in Music Management. The fact that the university is provided with practice facilities with an in-house media production company is very important for me as I consider practical training[STRIKE][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][/STRIKE] to be necessary to acquire [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][/STRIKE] theoretical knowledge. Furthermore, paid internship during the last year makes this studying program even more attractive for me.

[STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]On the other side [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]("on the other side/hand" is usually used when offering an opposing statement)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] In [/FONT][FONT=&quot]addition[/FONT][FONT=&quot], studying in a different country would help me to improve my English and learn [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Dutch [/FONT][FONT=&quot]language[/FONT][FONT=&quot], because the best way to learn languages is through [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]talking to [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]dialogue with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]native speakers. [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]In addition, [/FONT][/STRIKE] I would [/FONT][FONT=&quot]also[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]get a chance [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have the opportunity [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to learn more about Dutch culture and customs.

[STRIKE] I’ve [/STRIKE] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have[/FONT][FONT=&quot] chosen Media and Entertainment Management because [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]I’ve [/FONT][/STRIKE][/FONT][FONT=&quot](Try to avoid use of contractions in formal correspondence)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]been interested in different kinds of media and entertainment, especially music, since [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]my [/FONT][FONT=&quot]early childhood. [STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]It’s [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It has [/FONT][FONT=&quot]always been my dream to work in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] music industry and I hope that studying in *** University will help me to achieve my [STRIKE][FONT=&quot]aim[/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]goal[/FONT][FONT=&quot].

I consider myself to be a motivated and open-minded person. I like to explore unknown areas of knowledge, develop and improve my skills. I can speak Ukrainian and Russian fluently, also [STRIKE] I’m [/STRIKE] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am[/FONT][FONT=&quot] working on improving my English every day and starting to learn Dutch.

[STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]I’m [/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I consider myself to be [/FONT][FONT=&quot]an optimistic, communicative, creative, reliable and responsible person. My interests include travelling, [STRIKE][FONT=&quot]making photographs[/FONT][/STRIKE] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]photography[/FONT][FONT=&quot], going to concerts and theatre performances and meeting new people from all around the world.

Thank you for considering my request.

Yours faithfully[/FONT]

Suggestions.

alwaysliketofly

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine