Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Germany
I hereby apply for the Master's Degree Program in ‘Master in European Studies’, starting in October 2014. With this letter, I would like to express my motivation for studying in the MES-program at the University of Applied Sciences Bremen.

My interest for economics and politics already arose during my time at secondary school. Due to the fact that I was keen to learn foreign languages and to study cultures, I decided to undertake International Business Studies. Hence, I enrolled myself at the University of Ibagué in Colombia and graduated successfully in 2011. I now hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in International Business Administration, having majored in International Business, Management and Law.

After my international studies, I made the decision to go abroad and to put my theoretical knowledge into practice. Consequently, I went to Australia and started to intern in market research and logistics. Organizations in Australia are by nature multicultural and therefore I had the opportunity to further develop my intercultural awareness and work across cultures. Yet, besides the experiences related to work, my time in Australia was also crucial for my personal development. Being on my own during this time has been a challenging experience. I had to adapt as quickly as possible, and having succeeded - I can now safely claim to be a flexible, resilient person and a fast learner. Thereafter, in order to pursue my professional career I came to Germany to participate in an Au-pair program in the Frankfurt/Main area, which allows me to submerge in the German culture and to learn the language.

Because of all of these reasons, I am entirely capable of integrating and studying at an international faculty with its multicultural student body such as in your program. I am convinced that deeper theoretical and practical knowledge in European public and private management will permit me to gain international experience and the Master's degree will become a starting point for my future career.

Not only since my arrival in Germany in fall 2013 I am following the European political events; I was always fascinated by the role of the European Union as a supranational body and the accompanying conflicts between common European and domestic interests when it comes to multi-level decision-making. As an academic person with a business background, it is also the unique structure and size of the Single European Market, as the world’s largest political economy, which mesmerizes me.

After I have gone through the university’s website and the provided informational brochures, I am confident that the University of Applied Sciences Bremen is ideal for me to develop my academic potential. In particular, the interaction with an international network of students and lecturers with possibilities to interchange ideas fascinates me. The curriculum of Politics, Law, Management and Economics is the exact combination that I look for. Summarizing, your university with a long-lasting experience in European Studies as well as the reputation for the international set-up of the program represent the perfect environment for a young and motivated graduate like me. The curriculum with its interdisciplinary approach of teaching, also embraces values I can relate to and which can further enhance my skills.

In addition, the offered Career Planning Program, including individual career advice, seminars as well as the MES Career Planning Forum that brings together students and EU partners, will broaden my skills as a professional and help me to accomplish my ultimate goal to acquire a managerial position in a multinational corporation. The proximity of the MES-program to politics and economy, with the possibilities to meet experts and practitioners during the excursion to Brussels, offers great opportunities to pursue these goals.

I have absolute confidence that my acceptance into your program will be a great opportunity for me to pursue this career and I will develop excellent managerial skills by following my career path. The IGC-website states that the program in European Studies is not only open for European students but also for graduates from all over the world. I am sure that I, as a student with a South American background, will be able to bring new aspects into the course.

Thank you very much for taking my application into consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you and to follow any further steps required for a successful application.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I hereby apply for the Master's Degree Program in ‘Master in European Studies’, starting in October 2014. With this letter, I would like to express my motivation for studying in the MES-program at the University of Applied Sciences Bremen.

My interest for economics and politics already arose during my time at secondary school. Due to the fact that I was keen to learn foreign languages and to study cultures, I decided to undertake International Business Studies. Hence, I enrolled myself at the University of Ibagué in Colombia and graduated successfully in 2011. I now hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in International Business Administration, having majored in International Business, Management and Law.

After my international studies, I made the decision to go abroad and to put my theoretical knowledge into practice. Consequently, I went to Australia and started to intern in market research and logistics. Organizations in Australia are by nature multicultural and therefore I had the opportunity to further develop my intercultural awareness and work across cultures. Yet, besides the experiences related to work, my time in Australia was also crucial for my personal development. Being on my own during this time has been a challenging experience. I had to adapt as quickly as possible, and having succeeded - I can now safely claim to be a flexible, resilient person and a fast learner. Thereafter, in order to pursue my professional career I came to Germany to participate in an au-pair program in the Frankfurt/Main area, which allows me to immerse myself in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] German culture and to learn the language.

Because of all of these reasons, I am entirely capable of integrating and studying at an international faculty with its multicultural student body such as in your program. I am convinced that deeper theoretical and practical knowledge in European public and private management will permit me to gain international experience and the Master's degree will become a starting point for my future career.

Not only since my arrival in Germany in the fall of 2013 have I been following the European political events; I was always fascinated by the role of the European Union as a supranational body and the accompanying conflicts between common European and domestic interests when it comes to multi-level decision-making. As an academic person with a business background, it is also the unique structure and size of the Single European Market, as the world’s largest political economy, which mesmerizes me.

After I have gone through the university’s website and the provided informational brochures, I am confident that the University of Applied Sciences Bremen is ideal for me to develop my academic potential. In particular, the interaction with an international network of students and lecturers with possibilities to interchange ideas fascinates me. The curriculum of Politics, Law, Management and Economics is the exact combination that I look for. Summarizing, your university with a long-lasting experience in European Studies as well as the reputation for the international set-up of the program represents the perfect environment for a young and motivated graduate like me. The curriculum, with its interdisciplinary approach of teaching, also embraces values I can relate to and which can further enhance my skills.

In addition, the offered Career Planning Program, including individual career advice, seminars as well as the MES Career Planning Forum that brings together students and EU partners, will broaden my skills as a professional and help me to accomplish my ultimate goal to acquire a managerial position in a multinational corporation. The proximity of the MES-program to politics and economy, with the possibilities of meeting experts and practitioners during the excursion to Brussels, offers great opportunities to pursue these goals.

I have absolute confidence that my acceptance into your program will be a great opportunity for me to pursue this career and I will develop excellent managerial skills by following my career path. The IGC-website states that the program in European Studies is not only open for European students but also for graduates from all over the world. I am sure that I, as a student with a South American background, will be able to bring new aspects into the course.

Thank you very much for taking my application into consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you and to follow any further steps required for a successful application.
`

Status
Not open for further replies.