1) are bookkeeper and accountant the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_ttt

Member Type
Student or Learner
2) Am I right if I say:" You can avoid the risk of obsesity when you take in less food"?
3) What is the English for "the quality of the road" in this context: "If I could change one important thing about my country, I would improve the quality of the roads, there are too many potholes on the street. " Does the sentence sound OK?
4) Does this sentence sound right:" Too many people have lost their lives as well as properties in that deluge?". I wonder if there are any word which can replace "properties" here.

Last edited:

IvanV

Member Type
Other
I apologise for not answering your question in whole, but I'm dead tired! :oops:
As for the first one:
Learn Accounting

Good night! ;-)

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Bookkeeper = The person who keeps an exact record of the money that has been spent or received by a business or other organization

Accountant = a person who examines the records of money received, paid and owed by a company or person.

2) Am I right if I say:" You can avoid the risk of obsesity when you take in less food"?
You can avoid obesity by eating less

3) What is the English for "the quality of the road" in this context: "If I could change one important thing about my country, I would improve the quality of the roads. There are too many potholes on the street. " Does the sentence sound OK?

Split it into two sentences. You don't need "on the street" - you have already mentioned "roads".

4) Does this sentence sound right:" Too many people have lost their lives as well as properties in that deluge."? I wonder if there are any word which can replace "properties" here. You could say "their homes" - but if they have lost their lives, losing their homes is irrelevant.

belly_ttt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,
so can I say: While some lost their lives, some lost their properties in the flood?

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Yes, you can, or "some lost their homes in the flood".

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Some lost their lives, while others lost their homes (or property).

~R

Status
Not open for further replies.