1) How can you pronounce the ed in chuffed? I heard that being pronounced with a /t/,

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_ttt

Member Type
Student or Learner
1) How can you pronounce the ed in chuffed? I heard that being pronounced with a /t/, so why?
2)Someone called Hanh Tran - the chief executive officer of the ABC boardcasting once said" The were countries such as Canada, New Zealand and Australia for me to choose from. But I knew neither country at the time" -> Is the word neither here acceptable?
3) And he also said" I represent Asia to the region at the ABC ", so what does to the region mean?

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
1) How can you pronounce the ed in chuffed? I heard that being pronounced with a /t/, so why? That's the way it is - a soft ending.
2)Someone called Hanh Tran - the chief executive officer of the ABC broadcasting once said" There were countries such as Canada, New Zealand and Australia for me to choose from. But I knew neither country at the time" -> Is the word neither here acceptable? Not really since he cites three countries {unless he is referring back to a previous sentence}
3) And he also said" I represent Asia to the region at the ABC ", so what does to the region mean? Presumably to the region covering Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.