When assessing teachers for job positions I look for relevant TEFL/TESOL qualifications. With teachers from UK this is not normally a problem as they have usually done a Cambridge or Trinity course. But for teachers from other parts of the world, what equivalent qualifications are there? This is a particular problem with teachers from the USA, who may have a College certificate but without knowledge of the standing of that college it's impossible to compare with Cambridge/Trinity.

Any advice or tips from anyone?