Unhappy this is my 3rd tym..plz rep my quest i need it thnx in advance

hello teacher, plz guide me in ielts general letter which is task1

like if we asked a letter, write a letter to ur frd or to ur land lord or to ur pen frd or to ur neighbour but their names are not mention then wat we will write in start? dear friend, dear naighbour, dear sir/madam or we will take a assuming name like dear mr smith or dear mrs harry or dear ms nany...

i know there is some difference b/w formal and informal letter
    in formal letter we will write last name like jones smith then we will write dear mr smith; and in informal letter we will write 1st name like jones smith is frd then we will write dear mr jones; but if name is not mention in writing to ur frd, to ur neighbour, to ur manager, to ur pen frd then wat will we write in start?

and plzz guide me also here; at the end of letter we write urs sincerely or urs truly or with best regards.. which one is correct in both formal and informal letter. and where the position of this ending sentence i.e urs sincerely etc. at right corner bottom or in center bottom or left corner bottom..??

Re: this is my 3rd tym..plz rep my quest i need it thnx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hunny View Post

like if we asked a letter, write a letter to ur frd or to ur land lord or to ur pen frd or to ur neighbour but their names are not mention then wat we will write in start? dear friend, dear naighbour, dear sir/madam or we will take a assuming name like dear mr smith or dear mrs harry or dear ms nany...

i know there is some difference b/w formal and informal letter
    in formal letter we will write last name like jones smith then we will write dear mr smith; and in informal letter we will write 1st name like jones smith is frd then we will write dear mr jones; but if name is not mention in writing to ur frd, to ur neighbour, to ur manager, to ur pen frd then wat will we write in start?

and plzz guide me also here; at the end of letter we write urs sincerely or urs truly or with best regards.. which one is correct in both formal and informal letter. and where the position of this ending sentence i.e urs sincerely etc. at right corner bottom or in center bottom or left corner bottom..??

Please don't use mobile phone abbreviations! It's "your", not "ur" in English.

There are many variations of letter. Here are three common ones:

Formal: Start with Dear Sir (or Madam); end with Yours faithfully, (bottom left).

Business: Dear Mr Smith; Yours sincerely,

Casual: Dear Jenny; Kind (or Best) regards, (or Yours truly,)

If you don't know the name, it's safer to be formal. If you don't know your neighbours name, why not go and introduce yourself before writing a letter? How can you be writing to your friend, manager or penfriend but not know their name?

Jeremy

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: this is my 3rd tym..plz rep my quest i need it thnx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hunny View Post
    If you want help, you'd get far more offers if you wrote your requests in English. Many more people would be willing to help if they could understand you.